My First Logo Design - Maybe someone wants it?

This is my first designed logo....
Maybe you want it - If you do contact me and we'll sort out company details for it.

2609523-2-logo-anybody.jpg

Some of the logo designers will hopefully be along shortly to tell you what is wrong with that logo, I am not a logo designer but there must be many things to take into consideration when designing a logo. I am sure you will learn this if you decide to go to Uni.

Imagine the logo you have designed really small on a business card, how would it look? Would it print well at that size??

So

Your saying
Now I've got a nice design
I gotta think about putting it into ''Context''
E.g. Do a few prints of it... See the quality, and contrasts
Maybe cut the length of it etc.

As mentioned I am no logo designer and don't know the process of designing a logo, I should imagine there is a list of things to take into consideration before even starting the design process.

For example those thin whispy lines, these would be lost if the logo was reduced to a small size.

Ok

So Its GMT Time so when the designers are here... Can you show them this
Because i wana make into a sellable logo within the next day or so... If possible.
Thanks.

Hold on a sec, don't run before you can walk. This is your first attempt at a logo and now you want to be paid for it, like your style but it doesn't work like that.

Will get some professionals to point you in the right direction :icon_smile:

It's too long. Put some sample text on it, it's not really a logo without text just more of an image.

Hahahaha

Hahaha Sorry for jumping a few decades ahead....
Yeah that would be good
Some professional help
- Could you ask them like
- What makes good logo's
- What i need to take into consideration when making a logo and how to put those considerations into affect.

A logo needs to represent a business, it's a brand and it says many things about the company.

If you're going to make logo's with no client, then make them for fictional clients with a fictional brief, so that it's got a direction and background to it.

Signa ltd. Your Choice for Vibrant Graphics.
2609523-6-logo-anybody.jpg

Xenonsoft - Am i at least getting near to creating something decent and worthy? If not can you help me raise the standard

I think what Xenonsoft is getting at is you need to decide what the company does (which you have) but does the graphic you have created represent the ethos of Signa? Are the colours representative of a 'Vibrant Graphics' company?

Try reducing the logo in size to about 20mm in width and I guarantee that you will not be able to read the text within the graphic. You may want to experiment with colour changes and placing the text to the side of the icon and then making the icon smaller. By the time you have done all this you should have a sheet full of variations of this one logo. The one that works the best will be obvious.

A good strong logo can take days, weeks even months to achieve in some cases so don't be in such a rush to get some thing done as you have to live with it even if its not your own!

Thanks
Its proven how small designs are....
2609523-7-logo-anybody.jpg

So is 20mm x 20mm ok?
Thats how small it is... THe overall artwork is ok at that size for a buisness card
Its the colours and lettering i need to work on now

Advice

I agree wholeheartedly with Fred of Xenonsoft in that a logo design is created foremost to represent a brand - the brand being what the company offers it's customers and how it consistently 'behaves' as a company.

So really the company must be decided upon first before you start designing. For instance what is it about these colours and patterns represents Signa? What do they do or how do they behave that means this is a good visual representation of their offering?

Think about this first and foremost above than simply trying to create something attractive. A logo design should really have some some of meaning and to be visually appealing to it's target market. Who are the target market of Signa, who do they sell to?

Once that is established you also need to think about practicalitiies and my recommendation would be;

1. Try to keep a logo design inside of three colours, especially if it's not an illustrative logo. Should the company decide they want to have this printed on a Tshirt, or printed in Pantone colours, that many colours is going to cost them a fortune, thus you are making it harder for them as a business to utilise the design in all ways.

If it's an illustrative logo sometimes more than three colours are required to make the illustration work, but this is not the case for a graphical logo such as this.

2. Spacing practicalities. This design is very tall, if it were printed at a very small height, for instance on a business card, or on a promotional item such as a USB Drive (print that logo at USB drive sized also), the text is going to be hard to read. The company name should be readable at all print sizes.

3. Drop shadows. Make sure the design also works without effects such as drop shadows (in this case it does I believe). If it doesn't it needs to be revised. Sometimes a logo may need to be embroidered onto a work shirt for instance and you can't embroider special effects like gradients and drop shadows.

For further advice on becoming a successful design freelancer you can visit my blog and read 'freelance graphic design guide'; Truly Ace Graphic Design Blog

Best Wishes

Amanda

I can see what you're trying to do and its a nice style you've developed in the first image which could come in handy for print work, but a logo really needs to be legible at a small scale and relevant to the company its representing. The logo is the face of the company to the outside world and should be trying to tell the consumer what they are aiming towards. I'd say this is more of a poster or small layout concept than a logo. Check this site out if you're really interested in progressing yourself as a logo designer Logo Design Love

Back