Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Free Social Icons Set

Discussion in 'Website Design Forum:' started by SOCR, Jul 9, 2012.

1. SOCR

SOCR Junior Member

Ive only recently stepped up my web design work as I have primarely been known as a developer. This is my first social media share icon set.

You can get the download here.
  2. wayneambler

wayneambler New Member

I have to be honest and say that they're not something that I would personally use in my projects for a number of reasons. First of all they are quite flat and plain looking. As a web 2.0 designer I prefer something that stands out and when I look at these I can't help thinking that they would be better with a bevel effect and a slight drop shadow on the text and maybe some lighting effect to make them glossier. I think that from a developer point of view, they are much too wide for effective use in web projects. Because so many people are on multiple social networking sites I like to have social icons floated side by side so I can line up quite a few in a shorter space.

Don't be discouraged though, it's always good to see new social icon sets & I think you just need to maybe take a look at what's being designed at the moment as these ones unfortunately look a bit dated.