My First Business Card

Steve

I got my first freelance work last week after boss hogg let me advertise my services where I start out doing stuff for free. A company called Tarmag got in touch looking for a double sided Business Card. Specs were logo on front with web address and contact details on reverse. He wanted professional but a nice look to it.

Below is the design I came up with and luckily he loved it and is now using it. I received a great testimonial to add to my site when its up which at this stage in my career is more important to me than payment. I am now going to be looking at his Magazine layout design in InDesign at some point to see if I can come up with a new look.

Just wanted to post the design on here and get you opinions - things that you would have changed etc because although client was happy with it maybe other designers would have done it differently.

All comments welcome:

Front-1.jpg

Back-1.jpg

Last edited:
That's nice that, a good effort for a freebie :).

Just a bit of advice, when uploading images with light backgrounds shove a 1px border around it just to make it easier to see what's going on, I was a little confused for a second there!

That's nice that, a good effort for a freebie :).

Just a bit of advice, when uploading images with light backgrounds shove a 1px border around it just to make it easier to see what's going on, I was a little confused for a second there!

haha yea i noticed that just after i posted and then pizza got delivered so never got round to it :)

But thanks for the comment - was really happy with how it turned out and the testamonial I got was brilliant

Back