Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Business Card

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Steve, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Member

I got my first freelance work last week after boss hogg let me advertise my services where I start out doing stuff for free. A company called Tarmag got in touch looking for a double sided Business Card. Specs were logo on front with web address and contact details on reverse. He wanted professional but a nice look to it.

Below is the design I came up with and luckily he loved it and is now using it. I received a great testimonial to add to my site when its up which at this stage in my career is more important to me than payment. I am now going to be looking at his Magazine layout design in InDesign at some point to see if I can come up with a new look.

Just wanted to post the design on here and get you opinions - things that you would have changed etc because although client was happy with it maybe other designers would have done it differently.

All comments welcome:

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  2. Timmo

Timmo Member

I like it, looks good and nice and simple. Good Job =]
  3. Steve

Steve Member

Thanks mate :)
  4. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

That's nice that, a good effort for a freebie :).

Just a bit of advice, when uploading images with light backgrounds shove a 1px border around it just to make it easier to see what's going on, I was a little confused for a second there!
  5. Steve

Steve Member

haha yea i noticed that just after i posted and then pizza got delivered so never got round to it :)

But thanks for the comment - was really happy with how it turned out and the testamonial I got was brilliant
  6. Pixels Ink

Pixels Ink Member

nice one. good testimonials are worth their weight in gold mate. keep it up :icon_thumbup: