My first attempt - need 5 x comments for assignment

ok ..we only have 5 mins to edit a post ... here is the beginning of the post :cautious:

I used Muse for a gentle introduction. Maybe one day I will learn the html coding but Muse was fiddly enough for a beginner.
It is very basic web design requirement...2xpage design to start. The Home page and then click on Bright at top for the 'Bright ( name of town) page.
I would Love some feedback
1. as part of the assignment and
2. to help me to improve
4. to see if the links work..although the only one that is important is the BRIGHT link at this stage.

The Assignment background information.

•You have been engaged by a regional council to promote tourism in their area. They hope to capture a market of people interested in trying gourmet food and wine in a rural setting. Their research has indicated a growing number of people in this category are also interested in cycling.
•Their concept is to provide information via a website to attract people to do short cycling tours through country towns. This would typically be through quiet country roads in wine and farm regions where the terrain is fairly flat. Visitors stop along the way to sample local produce and stay at B&Bs.
•They would like the site to be called TheGourmetCyclist.com.au and have registered a domain name. The site will stand-alone and is not connected with the council site.
The council would like you to design and build the website starting with the home page (index.html) and one destination town (bright.html).
Your pages should engage and attract the audience. On the home page will be a link to the first destination, bright.html. The destination page will be used as a prototype. When it is tested and working it will be converted into a template and used to create 2 other destinations in the same layout

Do colours and font work? - yes. although grey background for main image may be worth changing.
Is there an appropriate hierarchy happening? - yes although not very creatively.
Is the logo distinctive and appropriate? - it is okay.
Does it look better without cartoon image? - It is now more appropriate for target audience but doesn't look better as such.
Is navigation easy? - yes ...all very basic.
Does the video represent what gourmet cyclist is about ? - yes - the sound track is very generic.

Critique...my own.. answers based on a very rudimentary set of questions we have to ask. Although the answers may be a yes...it is still not representative of the standard or design i want to reach ( one day). :)

Back