My e-commerce website!

Hi James and welcome to DF - that's the nice bit.

The not so nice bit
... is I hate your site and the very essense of your business model - nothing personal, simply business, but i would eradicate every last one of this abhorant breed of 'designers' who know jack shit about the business and see it as a quick buck. What you promote is a quick uneducated money making fix to uneducated businesses. I therefore can not afford you any professional respect. Your porfolio is neither real or genuine and therefore not a portfolio of work but attempts to lure potential clients with project samples and work that is fairly dire.

There are typo's and mistakes all over it, God knows what Harry or Sunburn or the guys would make of the coding. The graphics are trite and I want to puke. Site Surgeon implies expertise and experience , which you have little of and claims of 'many years' experience is fanciful.

I hate your website, your product offering, and the signals that you give to the consumer out there.
Both the design and the direction. As a Geordie, and i consider Mackums, Geordies too. I 'm really sadennned by this. It devalues the hard work that genuine web designers and builders have put in. As a businessman I wish you good luck with any venture. As a Creative I wish for your extinction and everything that you have picked up from a book or a course.

It's really monotonous, look for a nice colour palette (may I advise COLOURlovers :: Palettes) so each section stands out a little more. Code-wise it's obviously a Dreamweaver site, learn how to hand-write code by studying other sites and reading articles or books.

EDIT: wow Berry, that's perfect for your Rant Off blog :p

Thanks for the feedback :)

Im no coder so not really too good with it.
Im doing graphics design at uni in september 3 year course hope to pick up a few things then.

Well, you don't actually expect to walk into a design course without any skills and keep up with what you're learning?

Wow, you must be enjoying your first hour at a new forum :p

Iv got degree's in business and ICT, got into uni with some of my abstract work etc (stuff not on the site), so i expect to learn a few things there, yes.

Best sit down and take a deep breath Berry
...calm...calm...calm...

There that's better, isn't it.

ps whats with the flock wallpaper?

TheSiteSurgeon said:
Thanks for the feedback :)

Im no coder so not really too good with it.
Im doing graphics design at uni in september 3 year course hope to pick up a few things then.

Hey, I employ about 3 people from Sunderland Uni in Crayons and don't have a problem with students and education. What I do have a major problem with is when they enter my proffesional arena that I've busted my arse off for 35 year and try devalue all my efforts. This is my business area and my territory and I will not let students undermine or erode the business I love and craft. Every day there are young bucks undercutting and and eroding the design field with quick fixes that are destroy this business. If you want to come into my patch and take my business then grow or sharpen your horns.
If ou're a student, don't try and sell yourself as a professor. You insult and disrespect many of us. We will help anyone to get better and achieve, but the minute you put a website out there like that, then you are competition and my enemy, that's Business.

Apart from that Baptism of Fire, enjoy DF we're here to help.....ish.........

Berry is kinda like a rabid pitbull... I swear I saw him peeing around his house yesterday :eek:

lol just LOL!
I asked for constructive comments, i know im a mackem and all you probs have some grudge or w/e but get your head out your arse you "pro designer" you obviously like to bully "noobs" yeah iv been here like 1 hour or w/e, i sure know not to come back if this is "Constructive".
Ill find else were that will be helpful comments.

Enjoy relegation Berry ;)

Over and out.

Hey, I gave constructive criticisism (something's wrong with that word :confused: :p) on your site. I just gave my opinion on your future plans.

EDIT: oh okay I see now... criticism lol -.-
(it's getting late in Belgium :p)

Onartis said:
Hey, I gave constructive criticisism (something's wrong with that word :confused: :p) on your site. I just gave my opinion on your future plans.
Yeah thank you, dont have any problems with that, its obvious not everyones a GOD like berry here ¬_¬ thanks man, but i'm not coming to some site to get flamed like that. Good luck!

TheSiteSurgeon said:
lol just LOL!
I asked for constructive comments, i know im a mackem and all you probs have some grudge or w/e but get your head out your arse you "pro designer" you obviously like to bully "noobs" yeah iv been here like 1 hour or w/e, i sure know not to come back if this is "Constructive".
Ill find else were that will be helpful comments.

Enjoy relegation Berry ;)

Over and out.

Then kiss my pro designer arse. If it's shit I'll call it shit. Over and still not out!

tim-ater said:
berry, marry me?

Sorry, can't...Too busy creating another Solar System and I have to get it finished by Saturday as I want a day's rest playing golf on Sunday with Gabriel and the boys.;)

Have to say when the title says e commerce site I was expecting some sort of retail store, you know like amazon, not a design firm. You can't really use e commerce with design, you can offer x days/hours whatever for y pounds in the form of say a retainer but offering work which is already done at prices which are so low its hardly worth the effort isn't really what running a design firm is about.

Yes we can sometimes come across as elitist (hell the amount of times pro's get called this is stupid on other forums) but its because we (usually) know what we are on about, and for someone with no background to come in and in essence advertise their business in our field with what is to be honest a rather poorly designed site then it can annoy us as we can spend a lot of time getting things to look just right on our own sites.

As to the actual site, I don't like it, the choice of brown reminds me of bowel movements rather than quality design. Flock is nice on a wall, not on a website and I suspect that the site doesn't display the same as soon as you put it in ie6 (which is still very popular unfortunately) as the background is a transparent png which it doesn't support. And it moves when you change page or increase its length etc.
Why is there a title at the top and then again at the bottom, and I really don't like the person, he looks like something I'd see on Saturday morning during the cartoons.

Your 'e commerce' bit doesn't even match up.

Back