Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My design logo crit

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by stevenscottdesign, May 23, 2010.

1. stevenscottdesign

stevenscottdesign New Member

Hey,

I'm creating a logo for my self, branded as Steven Scott Creative.

I wanted it to be simple and memorable as well as showing my initials (SS)

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. stevenscottdesign

3. CYoung

CYoung Member

I do like it, it's ok. Looks a bit like the British Heart Foundation logo though.

4. djb

djb Member

Does the symbol stand for anything?

5. Katedesign

Katedesign Well-Known Member

I feel the balance between the circle logo and the name is not quite right. Perhaps the circle logo should be a bit smaller? And what does it look like in reverse - the heart would be more subtle and SS might stand out.

6. djb

djb Member

Well there we go, I feel a bit sillly now - the symbol is SS. I guess what you can take from that is the SS isn't obvious enough (or I am half-blind).

7. stevenscottdesign

Ive played around with the font and the colours abit more. Also one reason i used the heart was that design is a living project that needs love and attention :)

Attached Files:

8. djb

djb Member

My honest opinion is it's looking like something to do with hearts or blood. I still don't get the SS in the symbol when I look at it. Have you tried what Katedesign said above - reverse it out - maybe have the SS in black with the heart shape still in it?

9. Katedesign

It's always advisable to deign a logo in mono. Don't worry about the heart motive as djb says it looks like it has something to do with hearts/blood - play around with the SS. The subtle hart will look better I'm sure! (I know it's close to your heart!!)

10. stevenscottdesign

Just thought I would revive this thread :) Here is an updated version, I hope is more improved. The type is a edited version of "miso". I need to work on what the tag line would be, maybe just my name?

Attached Files:

11. Paul Murray

Paul Murray Moderator Staff Member

The heart shape makes it look a lot like a charity logo. It's the first (and to some extent, the only) thing I see, not 'SS".

12. Katedesign

I immediately thought of a blood donation logo - it's not like it, just made me think of blood donation!

13. spottypenguin

spottypenguin Active Member

I'd have to agree, it first reminded me of British Heart Foundation. I know it's pretty subjective but it doesn't work for me, not a fan I'm afraid.

Considering we all know that designing for yourself is a royal pain in the arse, we should all do logos for each other in a swap shop :icon_biggrin:

14. ARRIVALS

ARRIVALS Well-Known Member

Got to agree with the other guys here. Whilst I do quite like the shape and look of the logo, it does look very much like a blood donation or heart donor organisation.

15. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Well-Known Member

I really like it, it's visually striking. But, like the others said, it is very reminiscent of a blood donors logo or British Heart Foundation.