My Business Card!

NeonThunder

Well i finally got around to getting them done for the studio and here they are!

400GSM matt laminated - double sided x 500 (only £18!!)
(Yes i realise there is a slight mistake with the thunder bolt on the reverse, that is my fault. but I'm still happy with them! only cost me £18 delivered!! and sorry about the crap picture took it in a rush!)

10688483_1570620836504585_6101901634141607272_o.jpg

Nice one! Like the colour and the contrast between the front and the reversed back.
Also nice to see you're from S5 which is where I'm originally from.

:nod:

Thanks :D I was struggling for ages on how i wanted business card to look and started stressing over it. So just came in with this 'quick design' and i love it it! Also i can change the colours if i get bored of the pink, although i doubt i will as its my favourite colour! lol

The studio is based in S5 but I live in Tideswell its about a 45min drive to the studio but its a nice drive. Im thinking off moving this way but my mrs doesn't want to lol

How come you chose to run your business out of Sheff when you're in Tideswell?
(If you don't mind me asking)

I'd stay in Tideswell mate as it's rough as badgers on the Cross. ;)

BTW. I live in the sticks East of Chesterfield so not far from you.
I'm waving now. Can you see me?

How come you chose to run your business out of Sheff when you're in Tideswell?
(If you don't mind me asking)

I'd stay in Tideswell mate as it's rough as badgers on the Cross. ;)

BTW. I live in the sticks East of Chesterfield so not far from you.
I'm waving now. Can you see me?

Can't work from home as I live with parents and it's a nightmare at the moment. So it a big no no and Tideswell is an expensive place to live rent ain't cheap.

Plus I've always wanted my own studio and when I found SOAR works I knew It was the place for me! It's an amazing place! And is completely away from home life!

Me thinks I saw you waving lol

All I will say is this and it's going to sound a bit harsh.... if I was a potential client and I received a business card from a designer with a mistake on it (fairly visible one too) I would then be concerned. Reason is simple, you have 100% complete control over the design of your own business materials, if you make a mistake with your own design then that shows a client that you don't care about your own brand so they start to think why would you take care with theirs. It's for lack of a better way of putting unprofessional. I would look at getting them replaced as soon as you can.

On a personal note... I don't like the /////// dividers they just seem off balanced to me (would have been more balanced if you squared the ends off with shorter \) and, this may just be the photo, but the top text looks a little too close together for me. But you're happy with them so it's not a major issue.

Nice work Neon, what feedback have you been getting from potential new clients? :)

Clients love it! none have noticed the mistake with the thunderbolt either. I've already got myself some new work from posting the business card to businesses that are in the same building as me :) so all is good!

All I will say is this and it's going to sound a bit harsh.... if I was a potential client and I received a business card from a designer with a mistake on it (fairly visible one too) I would then be concerned. Reason is simple, you have 100% complete control over the design of your own business materials, if you make a mistake with your own design then that shows a client that you don't care about your own brand so they start to think why would you take care with theirs. It's for lack of a better way of putting unprofessional. I would look at getting them replaced as soon as you can.

I understand what your saying and when I order some more it will be sorted, but I also don't believe in waste so I will use them up.

Personally, I like to see the odd mistake on a design.
It lends itself to a more human/hand crafted feel so it doesn't look like its been done by a robot or something.
It's very 'in' right now.

I sometimes like to intentionally build a mistake into a design and then offer up a small prize to the first person that spots it.
Nothing big. Maybe a bag of sweets or a book voucher.

Something I've learned is that client, for the most part, are not as obsessive over little details as much as I am. I've spent hours on intricate details before, which go on to be completely overlooked in the next review meeting. Some say good design is about what you don't notice, but I don't think your typical business owner is going to notice that mistake because it looks more like a variation or alternative than something accidental like a typo.

Levi is right, if you can't get your own work right then there is a cause for concern, but hey, it's not like you've been doing this for 20 years - and if they don't notice the mistake, it's not an issue. There are some vertical spacing issues here too, as Levi points out, but nothing major.

Scotty, I'm going to have to scan each of your new images now...

Back