My Book Proofs Arrived!

Jimlad

Hi guys,

Some of you will know I've been working on a book project for some time now (noticeable by the fire-themed pics I've been posting!). Well recently I finished designing the PDFs and got a couple of proof copies ordered through Lulu.com.

They arrived this afternoon and while they seem to have printed lightly darker than intended, on the whole I'm rather chuffed with them! So just thought I'd share.

Proofs.jpg

Thanks everyone!
Yes Wardy, it's photoshop. It's a dual brush tool preset I made a few years ago to look like pencil, believe it or not, but it's turned out to be surprisingly versatile.

Now I need to make a few amendments I've spotted, some things are just easier to see in print I think. Then the tricky part begins.

Looks good.

Not sure if it's the printers fault, but your inside margins look a little tight, maybe add a little more space here?

How are you going to sell it? I know that Amazon accept POD (print on demand) books.

If you're interested you can buy The All New Print by David Bann. I'm reading it right now; I think it's a good book.

Print on Demand is definitely an option, and I know Lulu sell stuff through Amazon as well as Lulu.com.
My partner in this project had a meeting with a local publisher yesterday which sounds promising, awaiting the final verdict.

If what I read is correct, with pod (at Amazon) you don’t need a formal approval from an official publisher, which is what writers need if they want their books in the shelves of official book shops (like Whsmith).

Anyway I’d like to buy a copy of your book if it isn’t too expensive or if I suddenly make some extra money. How much will it cost? I really like it.

Thanks! We're aiming to price it under £10 if possible. Easy for the greyscale version but the full colour version costs much more to produce via print on demand. That's why we're hoping a publisher might take it on, it'll be cheaper to sell. Plus getting it physically onto book shop shelves would be amazing.

No final prices yet but possibly £6.99 for the greyscale one, probably around £12.99 for the full colour one unless we get it produced cheaper through a publisher rather than pod.

I'll update this thread when we have a fixed price.

£12.99 is ok. If you have one ready I can buy it straight away, if posting overseas isn’t too expensive (I‘m on holiday). £20.00 in total would be ok. Otherwise I can buy it when I’m in London (in a month).

I heard that producers ask the artists to compromise about the content of their work, but I hope it’s not true. Possibly it applies only to film makers. Let me know how you get along.

I'll be uploading new files for an updated proof soon, some time after I'll make a purchasable edition available on lulu and amazon (possibly a discount if bought through lulu). I'll post a link here and/or PM you when I do.

And thanks, really appreciate the support!

Hi Jimlad; thanks do pm me when everything is set up. Also, you can send me the book by post if you want, if it’s simpler. I can send you the money just by putting them in an envelope and you can send me the book when you have received them. Let me know which is the best way for you. You can also email me at: hi at withnothingadded.com.

Thanks, though when it's completely finalised it'll be simpler to post/PM you a link where you can order it online.

Back