my animation

The Star Trek one is pretty good :up:
Not really digging the world message, too many stills.

Honestly, I didn't like either of them - sorry.

I really don't like the style of animation used in Star Trek one, I know its all the rage but I just think it looks like a child tried to do a drawing for mum and dad (sorry).

world peace, I wouldn't class that as true animation, its just a load of still images (yes I know what stop frame type is) with music put over the top, like 1000's of other youtuve amv's (animated music videos - again same view, its not animation in my opinion).

Now maybe my views are down to the fact that I watch alot of anime and I think that the Japanese studios have some of the most talented and skilled animators out there, American studio's never quite match up when they try to do a similar style. I also do 3D animation (albeit product orientated) so I have a huge respect for cg animation such as final fantasy (spirits within/advent children etc) as I know the amount of time and effort required to get anything half way decent.

great after all theese years working i get rated as a child trying to impress mum ! thanks for that

They're cool.

Both amateur productions but found the world one interesting.

You're a caricaturist not a creator of video's but they're food for thought.

Personally I think they are a bit cheap and nasty.
Looks like the character work has been lifted from Cartoon Smart.com
The only original character is the Blowfish Head man, which is poor.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the style of characters doesn't appear on your website
thus I came to the conclusion of lifting.

Good try though I'm sure it kept you busy for a while.

Keep at it and buy a dictionary.;)

G mason said:
great after all theese years working i get rated as a child trying to impress mum ! thanks for that
If you check what I have written again you will see that I was commenting on the style of animation, not your skill set (which I can't judge from 1 'animation').

I have a personal dislike to the style that you used although clearly others people do like the style (think TIM on Dave or virgin 1 for example) so my taste is obviously different due to my fondness of Japanese anime

yes the star treck one dose look cheep,but i did that over a year ago to learn how to animate on flash. i use to keep all my work hidden away mybe i wasnt wrong.

G mason said:
yes the star treck one dose look cheep,but i did that over a year ago to learn how to animate on flash. i use to keep all my work hidden away mybe i wasnt wrong.

You can definitely do better than that if you really want to make a nice animation. I'll say make another one with a good animation software.
cheers

Look very dated and basic in all honesty.

I think that the colours you use generally don't complement each other well.

And the way you use gradients with massively contrasting colours looks like a 90's website

What software did you use? adobe flash? if yes which version?

Sorry just being honest.

Back