Music

Pete

Pete

What kind of music do you guys like to listen to while you work? Do you find that what you listen to affects your design style? For example; if I'm doing something corporate and potentially brain numbing, I'll whack some Ramones on. I was working on a nice grungy website a couple of months back so decided to re-acquaint myself with the Deftones and Fu Manchu.

Recently I've been listening to some of the new Prodigy stuff, a bit of the Steve Miller Band, Pendulum, the Music's first album, Cage the Elephant, Primal Scream's greatest hits, Justice, CSS, Digitalism and Biffy Clyro.

Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft

Interesting you say that, as I've just put Keane's fantastic first album on - Hopes & Fears. My favourite album to date. Their new one is quite good too.

I always find Jack Johnson a good shout if I'm a little stressed aswell.

Stationery Direct

Stationery Direct

Administrator
Staff member
I "allegedly" did a bit of grafitti back in the early nineties and always used to have my Sony Walkman on, the right "tunes" made me much more creative in my opinion :icon_biggrin:

So yes I agree totally with what you are saying that different types of music can influence you in different ways whilst designing. Whether this is a good thing in a professional environment, I don't know :icon_dunno:

Pete

Pete

Keane are a seriously underrated band, first album's fantastic.

We tend to have Radio Paridise on here in the studio, I'm not sure why but there's something relaxing about listening to a radio station based in a small town called Paridise in California, especially when you have to look out onto a small grey car park. It goes off or gets turned down if we have any clients scheduled to come in.