• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Music; stimulating or not?

Kevin

Wasn't sure if this should be in the Design Inspiration forum...

Does music stimulate or improve your design process or work? Or do you find it annoying that there is a ruckus in the background when you are trying to get into the zone? Either way (during work or in your spare time), which kind of music do you like?

Depends a lot on my mood, Ive tried 'Mozart for Learning' and I'd say it definatly improves my focus. Sometimes however (say when things get tough) I need to be in silence.

I tend to just keep the library on shuffle and adjust the volume or skip.

C

chrismitchell

I seem to find that Motown does some great things to my brain when designing... :) really odd :)

blueocto

I prefer to have music than deadly silence, but its the kind of music that can inspire or annoy.... at least at home I have a choice! lol

Greg

blueocto said:
I prefer to have music than deadly silence, but its the kind of music that can inspire or annoy.... at least at home I have a choice! lol
Is that Berry playing his guitar in the boardroom again?! :D

For me - i love music. And it is stimulating.

CD's in alphabetical order, and chronological order.

Music for the gym, music for the car, music for working, music for sexy time.

Music if most def. stimulating.
Type of music varies though, currently ranges from Cat Power to M83 through Siouxsie, Massive Attack, Suicide, Fever Ray, Rihanna... bit of everything