MSPaint problem on my new PC

boblalux

I do much design work using MSPaint and producing .bmp files. Sometimes I wish to email these files, so I first convert to .jpg for obvious space reasons. Until now, I had no problems converting .bmp to .jpg and vise versa, but on my new PC, I can only convert .jpg to .bmp . When I open a .bmp file, and try to save as a .jpg file, I get the message ….....
<<< Paint cannot save this file. Save was interrupted, so your file has not been saved >>>

Until now, I got round this by transferring the .bmp file to a external disc, linking the latter to my old PC, converting to .jpg, and transferring back to my new PC. Much too wearisome!!! Anyone know the problem, and its solution?

Right click My Computer, click Advanced System Settings, click Environment Variables.

Make sure both TMP and TEMP in both User and System Variables are set to drives and folders that exist. Change them and create folders as necessary.

Paint needs these set right to create a temporary bitmap file so it can convert it to your target file format.

(found this answer on an MS forum for you)

Back