• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Movies...best one lately

So what's the best film you've seen recently.
It seems an age since I made a visit to our local flea pit movie house.

Any recommendations....:)

DVD's too.

Krey20

'Pan's Labyrinth' is always a good shout for a DVD suggestion.
'Lucky Number Slevin' is cool too.

Maybe try a boxset too, I've been binging on 'The West Wing' lately. I love it!

As for the cinema, I think 'Avatar' is going to be worth a look, and 'Shelock Holmes' might be interesting even if it is, only, to see how Guy Ritchie will spoil on of my favourite literary characters.

Levi

Staff member
ok if you're open to a little eastern/asian cinema and anime series (in italic) then
azumi 1 and 2
deathnote live action movies
the twilight samurai
casshern
final fantasy advent children (blu ray has extended scenes) - fantastic cgi movie
appleseed (2005 version) and appleseed ex machina - both fantastic cgi movies
vexille - brilliant cgi movie
eureka seven - psalm of planets (2 box sets for 50 episodes) and a reimagined version called pocket full of rainbows (not out in UK yet) - mecha and slice of life
fate stay night - slice of life with slice and dice with touches of magic
claymore - slice of life with slice and dice
rahxephon - more for the thinking type of person, it's not the simplest of series to understand but its good if you can get to grips with it.
toppen tengan gurren lagann - over the top mecha/slice of life series - just watch it if you like anime :)
tsubasa chronicles - classic help the woman you love series
black lagoon - this is a kind of black comedy I suppose, its very good in my opinion though

mrp2049

br3n said:
No your all wrong. Its bad. Very bad. get some taste!
peope get killed brutally, explosions, well paced, good dialogue, why is that bad? to be honest i know alot of people who hated it, best negative arguement was, its trying to hard, but isnt good enough. I agree, but thought it was a great popcorn movie!

Just got the Hangover on dvd. Its definitely worth a watch - reeeally funny!

Plus, i got State of Play as well - also worth a watch

I personally am looking forward to Avatar!! Going to go and see it the day it comes out i think. Most expensive movie ever made.