Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie thread

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, May 11, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

This is the movie thread to talk about anything movie related.

I love spotting bloopers in films.

I watched The Da Vinci Code on TV last night and noticed that Westminster Abbey was in fact Lincoln Cathedral

2. LOL blimey will have to look out for some :) I've seen a few awful ones in my time..

Like the National Treasure: Book of Secrets film when they were in the car chase across london, they crossed from North to South London twice without going back the other way.. so there must be some sort of wormhole around Waterloo :lol:

3. berry

berry Active Member

Yes, I didn't think anyone could actually do a fast car chase for real in central London?
    Maybe Aliens had taken away half the congestion.

4. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

5. captainrage

captainrage Senior Member

Anyone seen Coraline? I used to like that Burton-esque style but I kind of feel that it's been completely over done.. You know, it's trying too hard to be dark and creepy. But I've heard good things, from credible sources.. Anyone else?

6. berry

berry Active Member

7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I'm thinking of going either tomorrow or wednesday, I have to go soon or the 3D version will be gone! I have heard mixed reviews, I guess it depends how you judge it? It is supposed to be a kids film.

8. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

just seen star trek again, loved it even more the second time around! Any opinions?

I have yet to meet anyone who didn't like it!

9. berry

berry Active Member

Trailers look awesome. Never liked the old movies, too camp and playful. Heard nothing but good reviews so far.

10. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I think that is the magic of it, there is enough nerd referencing in there to make people like me happy, whilst being a really cool film that could be unconnected from the star trek universe (you know what I mean).

Definitely recommend it! I think the coolest part is that the crew are more or less unknowns! The most famous is probably Simon Pegg!

11. berry

berry Active Member

I'm dredding the Pegg factor, while I like him and his writing ( loved Hot Fuzz & Fat Boy)
    I'm wondering if he will roll his big eyes and ham it up out of context with the film.

12. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

He nails Scotty, lets put it that way! I am also a serious Pegg fan, I was so excited the other night when Shaun of the Dead was on! I turned the TV on and it was on, made me rather happy!

13. captainrage

Yeah, he wasn't too bad, you kind of didn't even really notice him, in a good way.. He just fits in.

Off to see quite a few films this week.. The Last House on The Left, Fermat's Room and Synecdoche, New York. Will let you know if they're worth cinema-ing for.

14. Aarlev

Aarlev Member

Did you ever watch the early stuff he did called Spaced? It's absolutely brilliant :D. I think you can still watch it on 4OD.

15. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Double disc special edition DVDs my friend!

16. captainrage

'ave a banana...

17. berry

berry Active Member

When it came out I could tell who was the real shining star - I thought Jessica Stevenson had the edge.

18. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

19. Krey20

Krey20 Senior Member

My favourite Spaced quote: "It isn't the TA, Mike. It's the rough ramblers."

That star wars thing is great too. I never noticed it until my step-brother pointed it out to me last xmas. I love the fact that they've kept it in every re-mastering.

20. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I got link to something to do with harry potter!