Most essential graphic designer tools?

I'm fairly new to graphic design but it's something I really want to learn and progress in. I'm just interested to know what people consider their most essential graphic design tools.

.. oh and the patience of a Saint when you have to try and justify cost / explain that gradients and effects are a bad idea for logos (even though 75% of my clients are now demanding them *shakes head*)

Hi guys,

For me the most essential graphic design package has to be Adobe Master Collection. I bought it this weekend from Newport Tesco Superstore.

It's expensive but you literally get every Adobe program you could want for under £3,000 (and if you buy from Tesco you get club card points!)

Hi guys,

For me the most essential graphic design package has to be Adobe Master Collection. I bought it this weekend from Newport Tesco Superstore.

It's expensive but you literally get every Adobe program you could want for under £3,000 (and if you buy from Tesco you get club card points!)

Tesco sell Adobe Master Collection?

I suddenly have an urge to go and buy CS from a supermarket(!) It's almost as though I've been reading about Tesco stocking it everywhere I look!

Nine out of his eleven posts mention Tesco (and the other two are follow-ups to querying his Tesco involvement!). Can someone have a word...

I suddenly have an urge to go and buy CS from a supermarket(!) It's almost as though I've been reading about Tesco stocking it everywhere I look!

Nine out of his eleven posts mention Tesco (and the other two are follow-ups to querying his Tesco involvement!). Can someone have a word...

It's massive news for people like me that buy design software once every few months. The fact that I can add it to my monthly shop and benefit from reward points means I save a lot of money.

It's not just Tesco, I live in Sydney 5 months of the year and I notice that Harvey Norman are doing the same thing, stocking the entire range of Adobe titles (and others)for manufacture on demand. Great news for kids or people that don't usually have access to elite software.

Can somebody have a word? You might want to increase on your 20 'not so constructive posts' before start whining.

After doing this for years, I'm just excited such niche products are finding there way into normal peoples hands. Is that such a bad thing? You know, knowing you can buy the Student and Teacher version of an Adobe product for your kid in a shop 5 minutes away from where you live whilst being rewarded in money off vouchers/points to help feed the rest of your family?

Touche. I'll wind my neck in (Can I blame Monday morning blues?).

Not to get overly defensive, but I only post when I feel I can add something (or on the odd occasion - massively bored at work), which at this stage in my GD career (pre) isn't much (hence 20 posts in the nine months of lurking).

It's massive news for people like me that buy design software once every few months. The fact that I can add it to my monthly shop and benefit from reward points means I save a lot of money.

Why do you buy design software every few months?

Why do you buy design software every few months?

My business requires that we show to our customers that we consistently evaluate most graphic design software on the market instead of just using the Status Quo. it also means that we are very adapt in specific artistic requests.

Also, I want my kids to learn and use many different design software, rather than be shoehorned into one.

Touche. I'll wind my neck in (Can I blame Monday morning blues?).

Not to get overly defensive, but I only post when I feel I can add something (or on the odd occasion - massively bored at work), which at this stage in my GD career (pre) isn't much (hence 20 posts in the nine months of lurking).

Ok fair enough, but I really don't see the need to request someone have a word as if my posts were having some detrimental effect on your viewing pleasure. It's more school yard than forum but there you go.

I use graphic designer tools and it's nice tool for create your best design.

-photoshop
-Adobe Creative Suite
-Pixie
-Adobe Kuler
-FavIcon Generator
-Lorem Ipsum Generator
-Suitcase Fusion

.. oh and the patience of a Saint when you have to try and justify cost / explain that gradients and effects are a bad idea for logos (even though 75% of my clients are now demanding them *shakes head*)

What??? gradients and effects are a bad idea for logos? next you will be telling me i shouldn't include clip art

Back