More Memory need for MacBook Pro

Nearest one is over 100 miles away! When I was in there last a dude said the name of this website to get it from, for cheaper too, but I've forgot what it was called?!

if you're confident installing it yourself, just order it from crucial or similar and then shove it in when you get it.

Which version is it, ddr2 or ddr3 as ddr2 is stocked in my local pcworld too.

the RAM is easy to do, but you have to be careful.

at an apples tore: 4GB of RAM from 2GB will cost £80. it'd normally be £80 for each 2GB stick, but they refund you for the 2x 1GB sticks already in there (which apple recycle).

once taken out and installed, you power on whilst holding down cmd+s, then "hostinfo", it should load all that up. once that's done, and confirmed the RAM amount, type in "halt" and it'll turn off.

Lol at "shove it in" :D

This is what I got at the mo View attachment 250

So Tim, would you recommend going to the Apple store sounds like it might be cheaper if they recycle them?

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 7
Thanx for the link Mikey... think it will only cost £43.68 so that's quite a bit cheaper... don't want to break it tho'!

honestly i cant argue whether you do buy it from apple or wherever, but ya know, for free, they do it, plus they use the RAM that would be used when you'd originally configure your mac with a higher spec...

Can ya just show up at an apple store and ask them to do it there and then? I think I would feel better letting them do it... Suppose I could go to Manchester next week on me week off :cool:

allyally2k said:
Can ya just show up at an apple store and ask them to do it there and then? I think I would feel better letting them do it... Suppose I could go to Manchester next week on me week off :cool:

defo.

I said close this thread!!!

Ok, maybe not, so that means I can recycle my old ram? It is just sat in a box! I will do that when they open. Give me an excuse to go in.

i thought that excuse was because i was going?! :p

and come to the brum one, i'll sort you out.

you wont be there all the time...

Its an expensive trip to recycle some ram! It's only 2x1gig sticks, I just think the idea of recycling is better than sticking them in a box!

Maybe they can recycle my dead battery and give me a fresh one? Or a new top case....

they recycle anything- but they dont replace things with discounts all the time. you can do so with iPods, and if you're recycling a working or recent mac then a manager might be nice and give you some discount if you buy a new one, but probably not.

thats good to know, i hate having stuff that isnt used gathering dust.

congrats tim, you've done something useful!

Back