Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monza GP

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Sep 8, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi guys,

Just wanted to mention the F1 this weekend taking place in Italy! A few changes to tell you about. Luca Badoer now lost his sit at Ferrari and will now be replaced with Fishicella to cover the rest of the season for Massa.

The force india sit now goes to Vitantonio Liuzzi who will sit in until the rest of the season. I feel both drivers need to perform to get a contract for next season. Kimi is now on the brink of losing his sit at ferrari for under performing so who will be there next year?

We have now heard Massa will not be returning to the track this season but he is in good health and is up for coming back next season.

I am really excited this weekend about the GP and I think Jenson Button is really going to have to start pushing! As you guys know I move house on Wednesday so I could miss the Qualifying definatly not the race! Anyone interested in F1 here?

Glen

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Never been into F1, my dad watches it a lot, but I've just never had the time to sit down and watch a race at the weekend. Maybe I'll give it a go, you clearly have a lot of interest in it Glen :)

3. glenwheeler

I was thinking about starting a website project based around the sport, but i dunno what I could do different?

4. you could do it as a build your own F1 racecar and make it in flash or something like that :lol:

5. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

I haven't followed it for a good few years now (I go mountain biking on Sundays).

I have watched a few races this year though and I was looking forward to seeing how Schumacher handled the new car and the new talent - was really disappointed when they said he couldn't do it.

Maybe you could set up a site showcasing some weird and wonderful F1 related stories such as this one that I came across in the paper yesterday :D

The Making Of The F1 Bread Car…..With Bread!

6. there just had to be someone who made an F1 car out of Bread :p :lol:

7. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

I made an F1 car out of a shoe for art class when I was in school - called it Shoemacher :lol:

I know, I know... That's terrible :p

8. Badum tsh to you :p :lol:

9. glenwheeler

That bread F1 car is awesome, but could you imagine running a red hot engine under its hood!...Would make a nice smell!

10. Anon.

Anon. Senior Member

mmmm, I'm starving!

All that car needs now is a giant gingerbread man in the drivers seat :D

11. chris1791

chris1791 Member

Kimi's not loosing his seat for under performing, the team is structured around Massa and they wont do anything to disrupt that, Alonso is moving to Ferrari you'd imagine with Santander swiching to Ferrari.
    The Brawns should do well around Monza, they have good mechanical grip and stability under braking, a bonus on a track where downforce isn't important. The KERS cars however will have about 4 tenths advantage over a lap, maybe 5/6 tenths over a quali lap, so expect to see a Mclaren, Ferrari or Renault on pole.
    Jenson will win or at least should win the championship, Vettel will have to take a penalty somewhere along the line, probably Singapore or Japan, Webber isn't a world championship winning driver. Rubens is Jensons biggest challenger, but having a rival from within the team is better than having one outside.
    Findia should be strong they were fast through all parts of the track at Spa, and especially down Kemmel straight, they've been one of the fastest teams in terms of straight line speed all season, but in sector 2 at Spa, a medium downforce sector showed that the new aero package may be quite versatile.

Alonso for pole, Kimi for the win, Lewis 2nd, Fisi 3rd

12. Harland

Harland Junior Member

Fisi might have had a chance of winning this had he been in the Findia. Think he's going to place somewhere in the midfield with a brand new team and car to get used to. Kimi for the win though. Barrichello to close in on Buttons lead a bit more although they should both do better than last race.

13. glenwheeler

The team is structured round Massa? And how is that? Has Kimi really performed this year apart from the last 2 races? He's been lazy, hes grumpy and he never really interacts that well with the team or his fans. He likes his pop a bit much if you ask me. Fisichella has no chance of finished up front in Monza in my opinions and I think the red bulls will be up there. KERS will play a massive advantage at Monza because of the straights etc but we all know how KERS can effect a car and engine.

As for JB, I think his title is out the window. He has no confidence and the car he is driving at the moment its pretty pants under braking, I'd like to see him go through Parabolica in free practice to see how the car handles.

I would definatly agree on your Rubens comment though buddy, hes definatly in there for a chance on the title.

14. glenwheeler

My Prediction for qualifying..

1. Hamilton
    2. Kova
    3. Kimi

15. chris1791

chris1791 Member

Kimi has performed well this season, you can only put in the performances if you have a good car, since Monaco, I think he's been driving as well as he was with Mclaren and 2007. I'll ask you this how long have you been watching F1? Because Kimi is Kimi, he might not interact with his fans or be Mr Cocky like Lewis Hamilton, but he gives very good feedback to the team, see what mclaren said about him, I don't know if you only started watching this year or when Hamilton came into the sport but all of the years Kimi has been in F1, starting with Sauber he has been like that, dont knock him for that.

How's the Brawn bad under braking?

16. glenwheeler

I have watched F1 for years. Please tell me how Kimi has performed well this season? I know Kimi is a quiet guy and yes he may give good feedback to the team however if he has done that well this year why is he not up there? The first 6 races the Brawn car looked amazing, now the car tip toes through corners and JB has no confidence in the car because of grip. Without this tyres suffer, heat in the tyres and engine play a huge part and the brawn car just doesnt have what it had. Anyone can see that a mile off

17. chris1791

chris1791 Member

He's performed well in a bad car, someone doesn't just have to be up on the podium to perform well, look at Alonso, driving very well but his car isn't fast enough to get on the podium, its the same with Kimi.

Yeah, tyre temperatures do play a huge role but why do you think temperatures are so bad atm? A suspension update that hasn't worked? A damper digression issue? Should they increase the tyre pressures? Roll bar stiffness?

You have to remember as well that other teams have developed a lot more than BGP, Red Bull made a significant update at Silverstone and introduced their DDD, afterwards the other teams starting introducing their versions, therefore other teams made big performance changes closer to that of the Brawn cars.

18. RampantRascal

RampantRascal Junior Member

Agree with most here, except Renault dont have KERS and Ferrari is not structured around Massa, he has his crew and Kimi has his. Massa is/was performing better. Like Brawn and Red Bull there is no driver 1 and 2 structure, more 'may the fastest man win' ethos.
    Kimi seems to have lost his love affair with the sport and is underacheiving this season as was he last season. At the start of the season the Ferrari was pap, but has now developed into a competetor much the same as Maclaren and Force India.
    Brawn had an extremly strong allround machine at start of season, as other tems have the infrastructure and space to develop, Brawn seem to have taken a back step in development.
    Im well excited to see what Fischi can do

19. chris1791

chris1791 Member

Renault do have KERS...

20. glenwheeler

Correct Renault do use a KERS system...