Monitor Calibrating

I used to have a Xerox one when I worked for the digital printer in New Zealand.. personal experience is that they are completely rubbish.. but thats just me :)

I am inclined to agree with you, however at the moment we are staring at my mac, boss screen and his cintique. Same thing, totally different!

Cintique and mac are very similar, monitor is miles different!

this is the joys of printed media.. the monitor will never ever depict it properly, no matter what calibrator you have and how good it says it is... I would say instead of getting one of them I would get a decent laser printer (A3 one or something like that) and get loads of paper and proof it on the fly :))

at the moment it's just pure curiosity. Each time I turn up here we end up in some random arguement about something.

well its expensive thats for sure, the (pantone) eyeone monitor calibrator sells for around £120 quid.

You can get a full on calibration kit from datacolor (spyder studio sr) for about £350

make your own judgement :) I'd say Berry is the one who will tell you if a calibrator is worth the money or not, but personally I would buy atleast a screen calibration device (although I haven't yet)

is their argument.. I want it more blue? I had that once.. for 5 hours.. no more blue.. we want it more blue.. as blue as the sky... :lol:

Levi said:
well its expensive thats for sure, the (pantone) eyeone monitor calibrator sells for around £120 quid.

You can get a full on calibration kit from datacolor (spyder studio sr) for about £350

make your own judgement :) I'd say Berry is the one who will tell you if a calibrator is worth the money or not, but personally I would buy atleast a screen calibration device (although I haven't yet)

a pantone calibrator would be worth seeing in action with a pantone book in your hands!

I'll see if the beast weighs in.

Chris, the argument is, your monitor is ****! No it's not...

ahhh its the my stuff is better than yours argument.. :(

eye one was bought out by pantone iirc, as it was never originally called a pantone eye one it was grechen or something similar

glad you picked up the Pantone one :) much better value than the HP £615 one :p

I never said you were stupid Mike.. Simple maybe but not stupid.. :p jk

don't worry, I am prone to random bouts of stupidity, I can't help it. Blonde suits me for that reason.

ahhh Mike the bottle blonde :p :lol: so you can get away with having the occasional blonde moment :p

I'm not blonde at the moment, and I'm missing it. It's a great excuse, "The blonde affects me, I can't help it!"

Back