Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mobile Phone Brand Poll! Who are you using?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Sean Lee-Amies, Aug 20, 2013.

?

What brand is your phone?

1. Samsung

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. HTC

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  3. Apple

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  4. Nokia

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. LG

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Blackberry

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sony

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Motorola

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. So what phone are you using? I imagine there are a lot of technologically up-to-date people on this forum and I'm expecting to see a lot of votes for apple, but hopefully not too many ;)

GilmoreVisuals likes this.
  2. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

Haha! I'm sure we will see. Personally, with with Samsung, but am open to anything with Android.
    One thing I like is having a choice between different devices/brands but maintaining all my content synced *ahem*

3. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

using a cheapy zte with custom rom at the moment, waiting on a decent nexus (without glass back) or motorola moto x to come to the uk (not likely)... so I can play with android roms... keep getting tempted by an oppo find 5 and even a nokia windows phone but then realising theres sod all for windows phone lol
    The zte does it's job of making calls and navigation so I'm in no rush to replace it with an overkill phone :)

4. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm using an iPhone. I don't know why I think they have me sucked into their "Apple geek" scheme.

5. Levi

alex, what samsung?
    Is it an s3 because I'd love to find someone with one for when my sites finished... they've gone and used a higher pixel ratio than everyone else which means I may need to just check some stuff :)
    Tony - I am so disappointed.... but at least I've found my apple iPhone tester :p
    Sean, you never said what your phone was lol

6. GilmoreVisuals

I am guessing Sean has the HTC from the poll?

I have the S2, although my friend at work has an S3 so i'm sure he could test it for you. I didn't know you were making a new site?

7. Levi

yeah finally getting round to doing my site...only taken me about 2 years lol
    I'm pretty sure when it's done it will work ok, it's just that with it's 1080p screen and the pixel ratio set at 3 means it's going to turn out a little different in all likelihood so just need some screenshots when it's coded to make sure it looks ok...I'm not there yet though :)

8. GilmoreVisuals

Haa sweet! Glad to hear - and sure, some screenshots won't be a problem! :)

9. Haha, yes I have the HTC. It's really getting quite old now, it's the HTC Desire S. It still does everything pretty well and I've managed to get onto an £8 a month sim only monthly contract so I'm pretty happy. I was looking at the HTC One yesterday though... it's quite tempting but I can't really justify the exrta expense!

10. Soprano

Soprano Member

I have a Sony Xperia, my last 2 phones were Blackberry and they were awful, but I begrudge the idea of spending hundreds on an iPhone handset purely because I'd never want to leave the house with it.

11. Levi

you'd get over that pretty quickly, when I had the p900i I was young, at uni and it was comparatively more expensive (think it was £500-600 when average phones, think nokia clip on days, were £200-300) than what an iPhone is now, yet I literally took it into the workshop (dusty), got it drenched when it rained and used it daily, still works now although it's nowhere near as pretty and the battery life is shot...

12. GilmoreVisuals

True - same with anything expensive I guess... initially it's almost worrying to use it out of the house... but then you realize how useful it can be as well! It's 'only' a phone. ( < not easy to say 'only'!)
    If you are trying to decide between Android or iOS look a it this way: If you want a fashionable, simple, non-customization phone, get the iPhone. If you want a option in size and brand, different features, different-to-everyone, highly customization, then go for Android.
    Personally I hate being restricted when it comes to customizing, so straight forward decision for me.

13. Jonna Healey

Jonna Healey Member

Up until last May I was using a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, exceptionally good, brilliant specs and fluid Android system! It then cracked in 100 different places, and I realised it did a little 'too much' for me, so I decided to upgrade to the iPhone 5, which is great, and works great for me - I like the simplicity of Apple's iOS. But could easily switch back to Android with no qualms.

14. Looks like we've got a little bit of an Apple fan club here on DF ;)

15. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

HTC but I don't know which one it is.

16. I've got a HTC Desire HD which is 3 years old now and I'm dying to get my hands on a Galaxy S4 just hvent got round to sorting it out yet!

17. Interesting, not tempted to get another HTC?

18. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

HTC's are a bitch for typing text. :(

19. nope, the software is pretty bad on my one, crashes, i can type faster than the keypad can keep up. Also the screen on the S4 is incredible as is the camera.

20. To be fair, you're comparing a phone that is over 3 years old to something that has only just recently been launched! I think those issues are more hardware limitations of the day rather than a specific issue with all HTC's. I could be wrong but that was my opinion on the subject. I have the typing issue too, it's quite annoying actually, especially when it moves the cursor and then forces you to start typing at the end of the previous word.