Mmmmm.......

Both look gash, but you knew that already :p ... personally, I'd just do what he wants as quickly as possible then get to working on the next project in the hope it won't be any worse.

^^^I just saw that :p ... much better, althought I've never been a fan of drop shadows, the one of the logo really puts me off. I'd probably change the background to something else too, maybe something as simple as white fading to red? I think there's still too many separate elements going on, might be more pleasing on the eye if everything was kept in some kind of grid together, rather than to the left and centre?

Hay Nik
Thanks for the honest feedback buddy much appreciated, yeah I prefer to be left alone by the looks of it, lol.

That's just typical I have just convinced him on the background as well, lol, mmm....may look at it then as Tim mentioned it as well. Ok cheers I'll have a think over the next few days, or more than likley when I code it as that is what normally happens, lol.

Thanks for time, very much appreciated.

Jaz

Hi Jaz,

Good to hear you'll be receiving some financial compensation for your time on this :)
I had a spare 5 minutes so threw together a very quick rough of how you could create a simple logo and start to tie this altogether with the design elements, as I say it's really rough, but might help in sparking some ideas for you... http://www.gregfindley.com/private/vip.png

Cheers,
Greg

Wow thanks for the time Greg.
I do like the background actually, and the logo, which is good as I have just found out he robbed the star from Google image search, {sigh}. :down:

Very much appreciated thank you very much.

Jaz :)

I just used the autoshape tool in Photoshop - yes that's how quick it was! lol
If you want my very rough PSD file as a starting point for that you're more than welcome to it Jaz :)

Greg

It's alright buddy I have that tool too in fireworks as I have just used it, lol.
Thank you for the time buddy it is honestly very much appreciated.

Jaz

Well trust me I get lots back as well, and as I say I have learnt a lot from this community so it is only right to help out where I can, I'll try and do some more critiques soon when I get a chance and help some more peeps out in their rankings. :)

Hay guys this is what I have gone with in the end.
I've used your background Greg, I hope that is OK?
Used the star idea as well for the logo but I kept my font, I've also kept my layout and added a border as Tim suggested, I think it should be continuous though and not have a fade effect in the middle, my fault for making it too small.

I'll probably change the tabs once it is finished TBH, O I removed the drop shadow on the logo Nik, kept the 1 on the top ten though. But I just thought I would say thanks to everyone who posted and thank you for all your help.

Very much appreciated.
Jaz

http://bedtimebliss.co.uk/rich4.png

I like it a lot more than before. Is a lot more suitable IMO and less cringeworthy as a viewer.

The only thing that particularly bothers me is the "Your basket is currently empty" as it seems randomly placed. I think you should align it to where "Home" text starts.

Nice Jaza!
Glad to hear your friend offered to pay you after seeing your outcome.
Looks 1Mil' times better.

Well done

O well then...fine give me an insult, a million times better would be bordering awful. :lol:

Aww cheers buddy and thank you for your contributions they where valued.
I have taken into consideration other peoples ideas of coarse, and a background image from Greg, but I do prefer not to be pestered while I do it, lol, but that's why this forum rocks tbh because all the comments, most of the time, are always constructive criticism, regardless of which thread you view which I find unique to this community and it's members TBF.

But I honestly think this is actually a great example of the fact that the client has no idea what he, or she, wants until you show them what they want.

Back