Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MJ's Birthday

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Aug 29, 2009.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Just found its MJ's birthday today. Happy Birthday to the guy, sadly missed by the world!

2. tim

tim Senior Member

oh god here comes the flame war!

but yeah, i miss him :)

3. glenwheeler

Everyone will have their comments about MJ. I thought he was a legend.

4. tim

tim Senior Member

me too. :(

5. br3n

br3n Senior Member

hes a tit and always was.

6. tim

tim Senior Member

nah, mate.

7. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Spot on.

8. tim

tim Senior Member

loving how people can make judgements about a guy they knew through exaggerations in the media. ;)

9. glenwheeler

Strange fella he was but he was a legend still. Media + Press are a bunch of twats! No arguement about that one.

10. tim

tim Senior Member

glad someone's on the same lines as me, he's defo not normal, but i cant blame him after having 33 years of media up his arse all the time.

11. br3n

br3n Senior Member

sorry didnt realise he was your mate.

12. glenwheeler

I watched a documentry on him a while back. He has had a bodyguard at his side since he was 4 years old! The media really make me sick, they kill people.

13. tim

tim Senior Member

he's not i just dont agree with stupid slating of anything, when no one can accurately judge the situation.

14. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

Its always going to be difficult to judge a situation like this, there is an awful lot of media coverage both positive and negative, there have been accusations, none proven, settled of court, what does that actually mean? could be he was admitting his guilt or because he had more money than the sultan of burnai he could afford to make it go away? (we are not talking about Gary Glitter here, who was accussed and has been to prison, for example)

No of us knew the man, no of us knew what happened in his messed up personal life.

So personally, I think focus on the man's music and what he did best, performing it, and lets judge him for that and that alone and for that reason alone, I am genuinely sad he is gone, and did not get a chance to play the 'last' shows and release the new material.

15. br3n

br3n Senior Member

He was surrounded by people telling him he was amazing, special and magnificent - so much so he started to actually believe it.

16. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

I find it difficult to imagine how you can think he was not amazing, or magnificent?!