Minisite design.. Feedback please.

M

Mohammad

Hi everyone..

So I've been designing a minisite/sales page for a client, and I would like some feedback on it, if possible. I've cut down massively on my gradients so I hope you'll like it..

Thanks

Preview -
20p3r7k.jpg

Link - http://i47.tinypic.com/20p3r7k.jpg

Mohammad said:
So I've been designing a minisite/sales page for a client, and I would like some feedback on it, if possible.
It's not US you need to be asking it's the client :rolleyes:

Oh right, he loves it but I just want your feedback on what I can improve thats all as the client isn't a designer...

It looks a little bulky to me mo, the heading areas look quite large. Can you not scare those down a little maybe?

The basic concept is there, it just needs to be refined. Add subtle gradients and highlights, make your heading tags less bulky (less round and smaller), realign your header and get some consistency in the icons you use (in the headings).

Ok where to begin

- its not a mini site in my opinion.
- its too bulky
- theres too much going on on one page
- your titles on the right don't match the style on the left (overhang)
- the headers are too big and the use of a drop shadow makes the text unclear.
- logo looks familiar
- is the topics under the headers a blog or is it actual content
- I have no idea what the site is about without reading the text (admittedly text is lorem ipsum)
- the background is to much, it would have been nicer if it was just a simple single tone
- must have found the next button/option on the filters as you look like you've moved from gloss to inner/drop shadows - think how this is to be produced
- the square box at the bottom looks out of place

At the end of the day though the client likes it, I don't and the likelihood any of the suggestions be taken notice of are pretty slim.

Thanks Glen, Onartis and Levi for your feedback, I will start working on it.

Back