Mid Level Visual Designer Position - Central London

C

chrismitchell

Right fellows I have been given a bit of info about a Mid Weight Designer role in Central London (I was asked if I wanted to do it, but said no because i'm freelance LOL - plus I no longer live near enough to London), So offered to ask around to help them out :) If anyone is interested in the job below give me a message and I will get you in touch with the agency.

Mid Level Visual Designer
Salary: £30k-£36k / Company: BrightNorth / Location: Central LondonThe company is BrightNorth is looking for a visual designer.
BrightNorth are a new data, design & technology startup founded by a team of renowned industry players. They are a design-led data science and technology company doing some very cool things with some very cool clients.
Overall job purpose
Your role is fundamental to the growth of the company because they want to make sure everything they design is ground breaking, looks amazing and most of all excites their clients. By being open minded, adaptable and creative you will help them partner with more happy clients and deliver more cutting-edge solutions; THE two things they get out of bed for each day.
Key responsibilities
  • Creating superior, original designs for the Web and applications
  • Taking part in pitches and making prospective clients believe in BrightNorth
  • Taking part in the creation of concepts, mood boards and creating designs for prototypes
  • Taking a concept and carrying it across the whole application, under direction from senior designers.
  • Presenting and delivering creative ideas to team members and clients concisely and accurately both orally and in writing.
  • Creating solutions that meet or exceed our clients’ strategic objectives
  • Working in a multi-disciplinary team, consisting of User Experience Designers, Developers and Prototypers to create fantastic designs and interfaces
  • Working on multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting your deadlines and supporting your team members to meet theirs
  • Following the correct design processes and creating high quality deliverables for projects
  • Working closely with developers to finesse their implementation of visual designs.
  • Blogging, writing and speaking about design both within the company and externally.
Required skills
  • You must be a first rate Mid-weight digital designer with a beautiful portfolio.
  • You must have the ability to develop original concepts or modify concepts from existing creative.
  • A thorough understanding of industry trends and current best practices across digital channels.
  • Strong attention to detail.
  • Typographic skills are a must!
  • CS5 and above and flash
  • An understanding of HTML 5 and CSS
  • You will occasionally be client-facing so you need to be confident in delivering your work, be a good communicator with an upbeat personality, able to articulate and champion your ideas.
  • Able to work in a team, share ideas and be able to gracefully accept a critique and to mentor more junior team members. This is a very much a team lead environment and you will be expected to chip in and help where required with others within your team.
  • Proven experience in creating high-quality visual designs for mobile, desktop and touch screen
  • Proven commercial experience in a similar role, preferably agency side although not essential
  • Degree in Graphic Design or similar highly regarded but not essential
  • Experience with prototyping an advantage
  • Excited about design, and passionate about creativity, keeping up with the latest advancements in design, able to share your excitement and knowledge with the rest of the company,
  • Ability to multi-task and consistently hit deadlines
  • Organised and capable of handling administration and paperwork associated with the job
  • Strong design style, including creative design solutions within the constraints of the Internet.
  • Solid understanding of client deliverables, and the ability to take responsibility for them.

Looks good! Thanks for posting it up. I'm not near enough to London for this one and, like you, I'd rather stick to freelance!

Yeah that was my issue too.. but I was just asked to ask around really :) always happy to help out :D

Back