Micro brewery branding

D or E for me. I think either one works well but on all of them brewing company is a little difficult to read. i think the design looks great though and would work really well as a beer mat or bottle label.

I'm guessing by your username that this is a self branding exercise?

My thoughts on the brand are that it works but is very traditional. What style of beer will you be brewing? Who's the target audience? If you're brewing anything other than traditional British ales to be sold in traditional country pubs, you may find the brand will get overlooked in the bottle fridge or on the bar. You also need to consider how this icon will fit into wider branding such as pumpclips, bottle labels etc..

Look at the likes of Brains, Brewdog and Magic Rock. How will the brand sit beside them?

Yep, I'm going to diversify from studio manager for an exhibition company to micro brewery :icon_biggrin:

The ale is fairly different, and yet it's very traditional. I'm reviving the art of brewing with herbs rather than hops, hence the particular focus on herb in the title and in the graphic.

My target audience are the more affluent, experimental craft ale drinkers 25 - 45 who will go to real ale pubs, pubs that focus on great food, beer festival goers and the usual boutique style retailers (deli's etc).

Initially available only in bottles. As this is quite a leap for the (beer) ale drinkers I haven't committed to premises so it's a one contract batch at a time to see how things go.

Thank you I'll check out Brains and Magic Rock I haven't heard of them. There's one I particularly like something mouse, only saw their logo late last night, black and white illustration of a mouse, absolutely perfect, what I aspire to one day!

I think they are all great and it's hard to choose between the subtle differences. I think I prefer the backgrounds of A, G, M, S, but I dislike the colours, as it makes the already small text even more difficult to read.

Herbale Logo Mock-Up.jpg

As I had a foil stamp mock up open, I though I might add design D in (roughly) for you. This sits with Paul's suggestion of gold on black :)

Thank you I'll check out Brains and Magic Rock I haven't heard of them.

You may know brains as SA Brains (you'll have definitely seen/drunk it if you've ever been to wales), they're a Cardiff based brewery established in 1882 (think john smiths wales style). the branding has always been a red welsh dragon on a black background... Until the brewery realised they were missing out on the 'craft revolution' and launched a sub brand specifically targeted to younger craft ale drinkers.

Before:
BRAINS%20BOTTLES_ALL%202_zpsrdyyp918.jpg

After:
BCB-BARRY-ISLAND-IPA-CLIP-CMYK_zpsgdpxnhpt.png

There's one I particularly like something mouse, only saw their logo late last night, black and white illustration of a mouse, absolutely perfect, what I aspire to one day!

That my friend would be the Scottish brewery Harviestoun. harviestoun.com They produce some amazing whisky cask aged ales. You MUST try one of their Ola Dubh beers!!

You are a STAR!!!!! Thank you that just about puts the tin lid on the choice decision I've been struggling with, that looks great and my designer will love it and will now demand more budget for the promotional materials!! Cheers!

Thanks bigdave.

Funnily enough I prefer the Brains 'before' branding, more sophisticated but I get where they're going for the younger market.

The one I saw briefly was actually a whisky distiller Douglas Laing for Timorous Mouse just love the illustration on this.

Screen Shot 2015-08-11 at 20.28.26.jpg

I've a fine collection of illustrated bottles of beers/alcohol.

The whackier the more likely I am to buy it.

Really feel it's becoming a lost art, and I hope that craft beers/alcohol continue to use local artists/illustrators to label their bottles.

I've a fine collection of illustrated bottles of beers/alcohol.

The whackier the more likely I am to buy it.

Really feel it's becoming a lost art, and I hope that craft beers/alcohol continue to use local artists/illustrators to label their bottles.

There are some really beautifully illustrated bottle/can designs out there. Beavertown for example is probably one of my faves.

Back