Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Jackson no longer

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Harry, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Harry

Harry Senior Member

2. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

The fail whale keeps popping up every time I try to do something on twitter... So yes, I've noticed.
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

i dont even know what to say though... it's kinda sad.

i don't care about the reports of child rape or whatever, a guy died of a heart attack.
  4. Xenonsoft

Xenonsoft Active Member

Exactly Tim, totally agree.

RIP that man.
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I find it rather sad that he never had his comeback, it was truly on the cards, Cash had Prison shows and later in life the American Records, Elvis has the Vegas shows...I just wish he had got to do them, I hope the album that is in the pipeline contains some of his best work in years.

Truly a sad loss.

I said it on twitter and I'll say it again, first real gig I went to was MJ, and I am eternally grateful.
  6. oh well... I do wonder whether he'll be remembered for his influence on Pop music over the last 30 odd years or if he'll be remembered more for his "troubles" with the law etc...
  7. tim

tim Senior Member

well people my age (who are so obnoxious that they ignore music and stare at allegations) are going to remember him for the stuff the press said, definitely. there wouldn't be a week gone by at school over the past 5 years that there wasn't a michael jackson "pedophile" joke.
  8. well then it might just end up that he'll be a like the Elephant Man of Pop instead of the King
  9. Greg

Greg Active Member

It's sad that even on the day of his death there will be as much discussion on all the allegations over the years (and the out-of-court settlements) as there is discussion on his huge impact on modern music. I would have loved to have seen him in his early years - that must have been an amazing experience Mike?
  10. I bet it was amazing in the BAD tour apparently he flew over the audience on wires and stuff.. very cool... :)
  11. Greg

Greg Active Member

I have one of the old programmes for the BAD tour with a ticket, not mine but I got it when I was younger from an old book shop I think, as I was a big fan when I was growing up, first album I bought was Dangerous on double tape cassette!

With regards to all the scandal surrounding MJ, just read this from a career write-up on BBC News site...

12. they are comparing the death of MJ to Elvis.. thinking that he'll be sighted all over the place
  13. tim

tim Senior Member

i really hope that happens.

you know what, he's had quite a pressurised life, let's not forget he had cameras in his face for 30 odd years.
  14. RossAdams

RossAdams Member

Jackson's on a beach somewhere earning 20%
  15. tbwcf

tbwcf Active Member

I know a lot of ppl will kick off...

but my honest opinion is thank fuck for that, good ridance. the only thing that annoys me is that he'll be remembered as a genius rather than the arse he was. Not just the kiddie stuff (did or diddn't) but having gigs and not performing etc if he died in the 90's he could have rightfully been remembered a hero. Now bubbles will be thinking "fuck me I thought I was safe up here"

My opinion right or wrong.
  16. Greg

Greg Active Member

Knew this would be a controversial topic!

I think the image of his personal life has been twisted beyond recognition thanks to the media, my personal view is that he never really grew up from being a child himself, as a lot of people say who met him, his interaction with other people was child-like. Over the years I think soo many people spotted a chance to try and get some cash from him, like the $20 million out of court settlement, just because they knew his PR people wouldn't let it go to court (at any cost).

Of course he made mistakes, like the baby out of the hotel window, but as Tim says can you imagine being under that immense pressure of having paparazzi around you 24/7, constantly being in the public eye, not that would excuse things, but I don't think we could ever understand being in that position.
  17. tim

tim Senior Member

18. Greg

Greg Active Member

Yes I watched that on the BBC News site, think of his 3 children he's left behind too, and you know the media bandwagon will continue, as long as people are reading the stories and want to know about it then the intrusive press will probably continue despite their loss and grief.
  19. tim

tim Senior Member

i didnt know how to react yesterday. i've got nearly of all his albums and a bit of his live stuff, but when my facebook homepage started with comments like:

he's a fucking twat, i'm glad he's dead

i just didn't know what to do, because the guy deserves some credit.
  20. Greg

Greg Active Member

Ignore it Tim, it's easy to jump on a bandwagon with all the tasteless jokes and hate that's directed to him, I just listen to the views of people that met the guy. If you haven't seen the Louis Theroux episode where he trys to get the interview with him, watch it, he talks to his brother and dad and a few other people close to him, makes for an interesting episode (he so should have had an interview with Louis & the BBC instead of Martin Bashir & ITV!!)