Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michael Jackson Funeral...

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by chrismitchell, Jul 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Was that staged or what??? I just watched some of it on BBC News... Looks like they started rehearsing as soon as he died... very very wrong to me... but never mind... :eek:

2. tim

tim Senior Member

it's been 12 days to be fair.

i saw it live, and it didnt seem staged to me...

3. Heal the World sang by children and Celebs.. Felt like it should've been directed as a stage musical by Andrew Lloyd Webber if you ask me :eek:

4. tim

tim Senior Member

too many conspiracy theories for me.

i wish people would leave it (no offence chris).

michael jackson was pronounced dead on friday 26th at 00:33am, but at 10pm on the 25th, the news was quoting his death as fact.

and by 11pm twitter, for example, was flying through rumours of how it was a "staged" death, or he was deliberately killed, or similar.

fact is, a great guy died. he had a big roll in many parts of my life and i wasn't even around for most of his music.

wish it could just be left now though so the family can mourn and everyone leave it at that.

5. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

without sounding too harsh (sympathies to family etc) I'm fed up with it all now.

I can only watch reruns of his music so many times on tmf and 4 music etc.

I know that he was one of the greatest artists of my generation but blimey the family aren't half milking the limelight they're currently getting (be honest other than michael, janet, latoya and germaine (mohammed) how many of the jacksons do you actually remember), its not as though any of them are really anywhere near as famous as michael - janet was in my opinion just as talented as michael but always was in his shadow, just look at their duet, no one else could have given the same sort of presence as her in that video.

6. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I still don't see why everyone is making such a big deal out of this. Every day thousands of people die, was their life less meaningful than his? So his music was great (although it's not my taste) and he helped the music industry, does that make him a god? Does that make him immortal?

And on top of that, nearly everyone hated him while he was alive (now don't say you thought he was innocent and that you had been an MJ fan for years) and now he's dead they can't stop raving about how awesome he was and that they knew he was a good person all along. In the end he left behind a $400,000,000 debt, poor family who has to pay it back. Lucky for them that there are some hypocrites that are already trying to make a fortune out of his death while the body is still warm by figure of speech.

On MTV they're showing a f*cking two- minute-commercial of his death. The same commercial EVERY. GODDAMN. BREAK! :(
    If people can waste 12 entire days (thanks Tim) saying R.I.P Michael Jackson, then why not say R.I.P. Fred Parson, Chaga Ngoni or Evelyne Fray (random names) just once?

I'll bet that if Barack Obama got shot tomorrow, Mahatma Gandhi regained life and alien life was found in space, people would still be more interested in MJ's funeral.

7. tim

tim Senior Member

people grew up listening to his music, watching him on tv, living wanting to be like him.

you'd be sad if your idol (mary poppins) died, right?

it's like saying "steve jobs died today, but who cares, he's just a guy" - well, yeah, he is just a guy but look what he introduced into people's lives...

also, the people who called him a child rapist still do. youtube is filled with hate.

i stick up for him as i like to presume the best of people, plus there's no physical proof, just rumours (like that this death was suicide).

8. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

Today's generation listens to and watches Britney Spears, little teenage girls want to be like her. I can't imagine her death getting all this attention. And at least she's been doing something for the last one or two decades, what has Michael Jackson done?

9. tim

tim Senior Member

what has MJ done!? he worked from 5 or whatever it was, until 1997?!

and really, if any celebrity was to die right now, even someone less huge and contraversial like Patrick Dempsey par example, there would be a BIG deal about it.

if spears died, the media would go crazy and i reckon as much would be done. she got the same amount of press attention from shaving off her hair as MJs death for fuck sake!

10. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

Last single was 2003, so you knocked off 6 years!

As to the allegations, well MJ wasn't really allowed to be a child, he was a star from 5 years old and had all the responsibility given to him etc. (on the bit I saw) Brooke sheilds said how mj and her just wanted to play and have fun in a childlike way. I would bet that the supposed allegations were more about money than actual fact, especially considering the amount of people that have spent time with him.

The only way Britney spears would get as much coverage as MJ right now would be if that sex tape turned up :D Just look at all the people who have passed away in the last week or so that have basically been missed.

11. berry

berry Active Member

I have to agree with Onartis - what's the big deal?

We live in a shallow celebrity culture. He was an entertainer, that's all, he wasn't Jesus Christ. Life will go on without MJ, as it did with Elvis, John Lennon, Beethoven, Leonardo da Vinci, John Wayne, Tommy Cooper, and the guy who played the stallholder on the left in Eastenders.

The whole event looked like an MTV special, but that's the circus we live in.

While there may be genuine family emmotions out there from the Jacksons - it was fairly well worked out right down to the wardrobe and Jermaines glove. Wonder how many rehersals went into all that? Bet it will come out on DVD soon.

12. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Pete Beal....I still miss him.

13. tim

tim Senior Member

It is coming out on DVD, as a memorial DVD, but can you blame the family?

1. this is part of history, he was a big part of music for years and years.
    2. if they were left with $400,000,000 debt or whatever, then why wouldnt you make a bit of money and give people what they want anyway?

i don't think it looked staged, but of course it's rehearsed if it's gonna be shown to millions and millions of people! they wouldn't just stand in the street singing and then piss off when they're done singing, people were paying to see the event!

14. berry

berry Active Member

Yeh, I must have missed the 2 hour BBC Pearly King send off.

I think there were moving tributes from, Dr Legg, Alfie Moon got special some T-shirts printed. Ali Osman did the catering and the taxis, Rolly the Dog needed therapy and hasn't acted since.

15. berry

berry Active Member

Oh, I didn't know the memorial was paid event! Was it Sky Pay per View?

Yes, I can blame the family.........money, family, death, Dvd, royalties... money, family, death, dvd, royalties... somehow those don't go together for me.

Will they auction off his prosthetic nose and wig on Ebay?

Hear his mother lost her bid on Monday to control MJ's estate. Now that must be grief.

16. tim

tim Senior Member

nope, channel 5.

oh so you're saying a family in debt and in mourning can't help themselves out? they made money, yes, but anyway, the thought that probably came to their head first was *millions of fans* who would want to mourn his death themselves.

17. berry

berry Active Member

Yeh... see last point of above post.........

Hear his mother lost her bid on Monday to control MJ's estate. Now that must be grief.

18. tim

tim Senior Member

sorry *tired*, cant argue for myself :p

seriously though. i think if you were passed down 400mil debt you'd want to do something about it. especially as your dead brother/son/dad is one of the most famous people in a lot of people's lives.

19. br3n

br3n Senior Member

I didnt like him or his music when he was alive - my opinion hasn't changed now that he's dead.

20. berry

berry Active Member

That's OK, nobody will think of you a BAD person.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.