Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melbourne GP

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Mar 22, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Hi Guys,

This weekend! Who's geared up for it! I know I am, and if your looking for exciting here is a few things that have happend in the past!!

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3jIMoZuc-U[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJ2xm7u6G0&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

2. jasonwall

jasonwall Member

Can't wait!

3. berry

berry Active Member

So what timeoclockinthefreakinmorning is this on?

4. glenwheeler

The timeoclockberryisnormallyawaketillsoitllbeokay :)

5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

They should have a night race there so it's better timing for us Brits :D

Talking of motorsports, check out this cart...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llD4mqhyMco[/YOUTUBE]

(nod)

6. glenwheeler

Has some decent power in that kart, always dreamt of building my own kart. I should get round to it!

7. glenwheeler

Oh btw 7am start on race day, qually 6am sarutday and friday free practice session 1:30am and 5:30am :)

8. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

I lived in Australia for 2 years and attended the '08 and '09 races in Melbourne.

Loved them both, it was a really good day out and I got in for free because I knew someone on the gate! 08 was mental, think it was about 42 degree's. I'd had a few beers and nearly shat myself when I saw the 747 doing a low fly-over.

I will be watching on Sunday, maybe not at 7am but I'll catch a replay or highlights. Really hope it offers more entertainment value than Bahrain.

9. glenwheeler

Free Practive is on now, some quite interesting news coming out of free practice! 2.50am this is dedication :)

Some latest news you guys might find a bit FAIL from a design point of view.

It has been confirmed that the Virgin car has been designed and Built to take a certain amount of fuel that does not let the car to run for the full race at full speed. So in theory the chassis of the car has not been designed and built big enuff to take the amount of fuel needed to finish a race at any track when driving at full speed. The car now needs a full chassis redesign and the whole chassis needs to be rebuilt. The are estimating this can only be done by the Spanish GP in a few months time however the new chassis obviously has to pass crash test's etc etc and then has to be cleared by the FIA...FAIL job! haha!

10. glenwheeler

Did anyone hear about Mr Hamiltons wheel spinning antic's this weekend. There's a great shot of him on the front of The Sun Newspaper

11. DeanZappy

DeanZappy Senior Member

Wha-hey, that was more like it!

12. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

yeah it was more interesting but how much of it was down to the weather.

13. glenwheeler

Anyone care to sum up the GP for me??

14. keith115

keith115 Member

wet, some crashes but some great overtaking, from the start it looked like it was going to be a boring one, but i think it was far from it.

15. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

lets see
    it was damp
    vettel broke his car again
    alonso overtook most of the field after first corner spin which also took out schumachers front wing
    schumacher got stuck behind a torro rosso for 90% of the race and got overtaken by a virgin car when he couldn't make the move stick earlier on.
    chandook finished the whole race (5 laps down mind) - not bad for some one who has literally only done 3 laps prior :)
    Jenson button went out on slicks first and nearly crashed then went on to do very well due to his lighter driving style
    hamilton got taken up the arse by mark webber while making the moves on alonso

button came first, kubica followed and massa came third, alonso 4th, rosberg 5th due to hamilton (6th) and webber getting frisky

16. jasonwall

jasonwall Member

In a word... Excellent!

More of the same this week please!

17. glenwheeler

Was an amazing race, can't wait for Malaysia this weekend, I have a weekend of catching up with sleep, Formula One and some of my own work for my sites. Nice and relaxing.