Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meet ups

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hi All
    Has anybody put the ideal of localised meet ups out there?

IE: Devs, designers etc... local to say Glasgow, meetup for drinks in Glasgow, Leicester based ones in Leicester etc.....?

2. GilmoreVisuals

GilmoreVisuals Active Member

3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hi Alex
    Thank you, I am aware of meetup.

What I mean is more meeting up of the members here on DF, and those that want to? :)

4. wac

wac Senior Member

5. Yeah, I'd love to do something like this but I'm all the way down next to Brighton..!
  6. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Too far for me buddy - I'm Leicester based. But, i'm sure some of the Birmingham DF possy would be interested in knowing about it none-the-less.

Yeah same here; but, I wonder how many members down by you would be interested in a meet up?

Just a thought, if you don't put it out there how do you know right. :)

7. Jaz, you've been away a long time now, and I understand if it might look like we do nothing right now but we have explored this possibility many times before, to quite an extent! We just found that the majority of our regulars are too scattered for there to be enough of a group to make this a reality.

Maybe if we can get things up and running again, I'd love to make DF meetups a reality!
  8. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Well Sean I'm in the Leicester area so if anyone wants to meet up to talk geek give us a shout anyway. :)

9. The Simulator

The Simulator Active Member

I don't really hang out over here much. But over on Estetica we have a meetup once a year and get people from all over the country. Just a case of commitment. We had people coming from Glasgow, Newcastle, Leeds and Lincoln that I can remember all popping over to Sheffield earlier in the year.

It's never going to be convenient for everyone.
  10. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Hi Simulator
    Do you find that it's worth it and you get a lot out of it?

What would you say are the benefits to it?

11. The Simulator

Yeah they're very much worth it.

Met a lot of people who I'd now consider good friends, learned a lot, and I guess more importantly met some fantastic industry contacts I can lean on when needed.
  12. createmake

createmake New Member

Is it weird at first?
  13. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

If anyone wants to meet up in the Chesterfield/Sheffield area then I will be on the recreation ground across from my house (most nights).

Activities include: Strong cider drinking and exposing ones self to passing motorists......... oh, and portfolio reviews.

wac likes this.
  14. The Simulator

Not really. But I guess that all depends on your own personality.

The main thing is you're all there because you have a least one thing in common, makes breaking the ice a bit easier.
  15. Until Scotty runs in and starts exposing himself to everyone, of course...

I'd love to meet up with anyone who's into web/design in the Brighton area, just send me a message or email and we can sort something out.
  16. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

To be honest, I really don't see why we don't just sort out a meeting in the middle of the country for sometime over the summer? Like Mark says, it'll never be convenient for everyone. Even if 6-8 people get together, we could do some serious liver damage?
  17. scotty

scotty Well-Known Member

Why? We've all got one. :)
  18. createmake

createmake New Member

It said above there was one in Sheffield
  19. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

Would anyone actually be interested in a proper DF meet up?
  20. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

There's probably enough geordies on here to justify a pint in Newcastle or Tynemouth.