Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25 Revealed Tomorrow

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by glenwheeler, Jan 28, 2010.

1. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

Just thought I'd make this thread to let people know about the Mclaren Mercedes launch tomorrow. This for the new Formula One MP4-25 Ccar that will be Used for the 2010 season.You can watch the unveiling live at Vodafone McLaren Mercedes | MP4-25 Car Launch

2. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

Really...

3. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

Would be mildly interested if it was a new merc mclaren 'road' car

4. openmind

openmind Senior Member

All six of my nipples are tingling at the thought...
    It's a petrol head thing ;)

5. Thewholehogg

6. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

7. Renniks

Renniks Senior Member

8. openmind

openmind Senior Member

Yum but it looks like a flying satsuma. Now in Midnight Black....

9. Levi

Levi Moderator Staff Member

I think it just looks too much like I lotus but hey I'd rather have a nissan skyline r34 gtr (sumo power/do luck) or even a mazda rx7 (veilside kit and top secet tuned) :)

10. Thewholehogg

Midnight black...it'll match the Wii...nice....;)

Realistically the chances of me ever owning as slim to say the least.

MkV Spitfire VB anyday for me. Now there's a real machine.

it's got guns and everything....maybe not a multitrack CD changer (do they still make them?).

11. glenwheeler

12. glenwheeler

13. Becky

Becky Member

heh my boyfriend's dad is part of merc management uk, saw the mclaren and merc f1 cars a while back.... sadly I still havent gotten him to let me test drive any new cars... or a cheapie merc out of him (dammit!)

14. glenwheeler

WOW that is awesome!! I am a huge Mclaren fan possibly the biggest Mclaren fan around Becky! What is your BF's dad called? did he develop or help develop the new car or is he on the road car side of things?

15. Becky

Becky Member

Road Car side, manages Merc for the north of England, but they get to see all the other cool things Merc do.

He had a meeting a couple months ago with Ross Brawn and the other Merc managers where they got shown the new cars and things, as well as talking about Schumacher (apparently his insurance premium is astronomical)

16. glenwheeler

Any chance of getting me on the inside? I pay for my Mclaren mercedes account at the moment like £60 a year for inside gossip etc etc!

17. Becky

Becky Member

Ouch £60. Unfortunately I only get whats trickled down to my boyfriend. There's a fair bit of stuff that he can't tell anyone until it's press released :(

18. TomStutt

TomStutt Senior Member

I cant wait to see the Lotus F1 car. I love lotus cars so il be supporting them this season, plus they have 2 good drivers. Maybe not good enough to win the championship but who knows???

19. glenwheeler

Lotus Xgiege track days at Silverstone are the best there is. Super Charged machines! Absolute rapid! Glad they are in the F1 this season! Shame Gascoyne is with them tho, I cant stand the guy! Kova and Jarno should do a good job if they have a decent car!

20. glenwheeler

Didnt wanna make another thread for the F1 as I think people are getting fed up of my F1 posts but I thought the results of todays test's where quite interesting. Here they are:

The brackets show number of laps completed, Do you think Schumacher was trying hard to pull out a decent time?

1. Vettel (Red Bull) 1.22.593 ( 99 laps completed)
    2. Hamilton (McLaren) 1.23.017 (72)
    3. Massa (Ferrari) 1.23.204 (72)
    4. Buemi (Toro Rosso) 1.23.322 (79)
    5. De La Rosa (Sauber) 1.23.367 (76)
    6. Schumacher (Mercedes) 1.23.803 (111)
    7. Sutil (Force India) 1.24.272 (28)
    8. Di Resta (Force India) 1.25.088 (74)
    9. Petrov (Renault) 1.26.237 (55)
    10. Barrichello (Williams) 1.27.320 (109)
    11. Fauzy (Lotus) 1.31.848 (76)
    12. Glock (Virgin) 1.34. 453 (10)