McDonald's New Packaging

Dave1975

In 2009 & 2010 McDonald's will be rolling out its new packaging designs to 13,900 restaurants' in the United States and another 117 countries worldwide.

Will it change the way the world feels about eating McDonald's food?

That, apparently, was what Birmingham-based design studio Boxer was asked to do when McDonald’s commissioned it for the mammoth project (Business Week has a great story detailing all the thinking behind the strategy and quotes from both the client and Boxer).

mcdonalds.jpg

McDonald's is rolling out new designs for its food packaging aimed at fortifying the brand and staying ahead of obesity concerns

timeline1.jpg

timeline2.jpg

wow, that's quite a hefty job!
well finished tho by the company.

But do they get free McDonald's?

IMO it looks more in keeping with the times, but at the end of the day, its still a greasy Maccy D's in nice wrapping!
I can't see myself losing 10 calories by admiring the lovely typography, can you?

Can I just say, I'm happy about a few things...

1. Maccy D's are repackaging the boring and heavily endorsed stuff
2. The designer is based in the same city as I am. (dno why that's good)
3. It gives you something to read when you're eating (GOOOD)

I had Mcdonalds today actually, and although the 'french-fries' tasted frankly, horrible, it was made decent by the lovely packaging

tim-ater said:
I had Mcdonalds today actually, and although the 'french-fries' tasted frankly, horrible, it was made decent by the lovely packaging

haha sounds like brainwashing to me .... or is that Advertising? :p hehe

lol yeah I'm a bit of a sucker for nice packaging/adverts.

Talking of nice packaging/adverts... has anyone seen the advert with the plasticine men about making your children tackle obesity or something? I love it!

tim-ater said:
lol yeah I'm a bit of a sucker for nice packaging/adverts.

Talking of nice packaging/adverts... has anyone seen the advert with the plasticine men about making your children tackle obesity or something? I love it!

Yeahh! I just watched it before, bet it took agggess but it is really cool :D

The packaging and the new store designs look great. Glad to see they have used more environmentally friendly materials. If I get on a design jury again this year it may get my vote.

Back