Maybe a bit complicated ....

TomStutt

Right,

I have a logo I done for a mobile disco I know and he wants a CD cover done for a promotional cd he will be giving out at a wedding fayre.

My idea is to have a shot looking down at a wooden floor with the disco lights shining on it but I want his logo to look like one of the lights.

My question is, how do i get his logo to look like a light shining on the floor?

I hope someone can help cause he needs this done by next week as he needs to get them printed. :mad: Hopefully someone know a good tutorial that can help me with this.

Cheers all

A few options:

1) Give the job to me. ;-)
2) Get a torch or lamp, a piece of card and a printout of the disco's logo. Cut logo out of the card, tape it over the light, shine it on a blank white/bright wall, take a photo and then merge the photo with your original wooden floor image.
3) Use a copy of the logo in Photoshop and using various lens blurs, lighting effects and colour balances, get it to look like a spotlight.

I would suggest option 2 as it'll take you maybe ten to twenty minutes to set something up and make your life easier.

Failing that, definitely option 1. ;-)

lighting effects filter (in cs3/4 atleast iirc) - works like a light would (roughly)

Realistically easy method, make it one colour (easier) then give it a black white gradient overlay (set to darken and lower percentage to 10%). Adjust layer opacity to suit.

You need to describe the type of 'lighting' you're thinking of better as I can think of numerous options for lighting.

Levi said:
lighting effects filter (in cs3/4 atleast iirc) - works like a light would (roughly)

Realistically easy method, make it one colour (easier) then give it a black white gradient overlay (set to darken and lower percentage to 10%). Adjust layer opacity to suit.

You need to describe the type of 'lighting' you're thinking of better as I can think of numerous options for lighting.

This is the sort of thing im looking for

View attachment 408

Attachments

• disco_lights.jpg
    disco_lights.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 13
As said previously I'd play around in Photoshop a bit: Import the logo>> colour/ gradient overlay >> free transform or perpective >> gaussian blur >> play around with opacity % and/ or layer options (overlay/ screen etc)

Back