Management Software

gprovan

Hi All,

Probably a lot of you are in the same boat as me: good at the creative stuff but terrible with the admin.
What I'd like to hear from you is the kind of systems you use to manage your artwork and your admin.

My filing's not too bad; alphabetical and in the case of individuals, their surnames first. I have a copy of files on the main office computer and an external backup synchronised with a computer at home. Some customers have perhaps 100 different items of stationery and this is where I can get a bit unstuck. Should I give them a code and how would I maintain this info?

As far as the admin's concerned, we have an estimation system which is a bit archaic and difficult to coordinate. However, it has records for over 10 years of work and my partner is reluctant to move to anything else.

I'm not good at keeping records of artwork charges and proof changes and tend to write on scraps of paper or rely heavily on my email records. I'm very conscious that I need to smarten this side up and get it to the digital side.

So, look forward to your opinions. I feel this could be a valuable exercise for everyone.

Thanks,

G :icon_biggrin:

Hi All,

Probably a lot of you are in the same boat as me: good at the creative stuff but terrible with the admin.
What I'd like to hear from you is the kind of systems you use to manage your artwork and your admin.

My filing's not too bad; alphabetical and in the case of individuals, their surnames first. I have a copy of files on the main office computer and an external backup synchronised with a computer at home. Some customers have perhaps 100 different items of stationery and this is where I can get a bit unstuck. Should I give them a code and how would I maintain this info?

As far as the admin's concerned, we have an estimation system which is a bit archaic and difficult to coordinate. However, it has records for over 10 years of work and my partner is reluctant to move to anything else.

I'm not good at keeping records of artwork charges and proof changes and tend to write on scraps of paper or rely heavily on my email records. I'm very conscious that I need to smarten this side up and get it to the digital side.

So, look forward to your opinions. I feel this could be a valuable exercise for everyone.

Thanks,

G :icon_biggrin:

the way i manage my records at the moment is name each Project with sername and code. this way i get more information from it

the code is the invoice number for that project and month and year for example

Smith322-12-11

I have all records entered into a Microsoft Access Database (when i remember to file them)

I am not sure if this is what you was asking but i find this way quite easy to find records when needed i can search by year, month, invoice or surname.

hope you find a way you to get your problem solved.

Back