Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mally is here

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum:' started by mally, Nov 21, 2008.

1. mally

mally New Member

Hello all.

Nice looking forum you have here.

I'm Mally, I run several small websites and have idea's but not the time for many more;)

Its good to find a UK based design forum.

I have in the past used the contest forum on digital point forum. I see you have an area on here for contests, it would be great if had as many designers submitting their entries as Digital Point.

I've got a few queries and have an immediate design requirement, (small banner)

Look forward to chatting with you all!

2. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Mally,

Welcome to Design Forums and thanks for your comments about the place.

Just to let you know this site will not be along the same lines as Digital Point, as this is a professional design community the Design Competitions area is a place for just industry competitions, and not contests. Design contests in the way DP runs, ie $x for a logo, 'send me your ideas and I'll choose one' is known in the industry as speculative work, and is not supported here (Please see the NO!SPEC website for more information on this issue)

I hope you understand our reasons for this, and once again welcome to DF! :)
    Thanks, Greg
  3. mally

mally New Member

Hi Greg

Thanks for letting me join your forum.

I've never seen no!spec before. I've always looked at contests as been the easiest way to open the idea up to people who are interested in adding their idea's

4. Greg

Greg Active Member

Hi Mally,

I can see your thinking, and to people who have never heard of/seen No!Spec then sites like DigitalPoint and the many design contest sites encourage that method of working, hopefully the information on that site will help inform you about the reasons why many designers are against it.