making a "hole in an object"

not, if the background is another colour or a gradient? :p I think the point is transparency so it overlays something :)

Views on the final outcome as a tshirt? Im starting up a lifestyle clothes brand with a friend and this is one of the first designs? "bene esse" is the name - it originates from latin and means "well-being"

Attachments

• _mr-mrs-well-being.jpg
    _mr-mrs-well-being.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 12
Becky said:
not, if the background is another colour or a gradient? :p I think the point is transparency so it overlays something :)

Ooooh controversial :D You're absolutely right, but... he did say

"Cos its for a one colour tshirt design....if you understand where im coming from."

I know what you're on about!! you wouldn't need to set it up like that for the printer (surely) but to test what it looks like on a tee then yeah!

Becky said:

It's all good, that's why when you've a group of minds suggesting different solutions, there's always new stuff to pick up, new ways to look at problems (challenges) :p

edit: of course now some printers (inkjet) have a white ink too

second edit: ooooh my thirdhundred post :D

I have to admit, i kinda assume it would have to be a one colour design to as a vector file.

Views on design?

Oh yeah back to the point...erm i like the name of the brand and the message of well being... dunno if that particular design sums up 'well being' though? I would have to know more about the idea behind your design?!

Fair point. Well we started looking at stereo types and familes an parents and couples etc.

The diea gradually evolved from "well off" people, top hats, canes, nice hand bags etc and wanted to turn it into something really graphical...

philjohns said:
I have to admit, i kinda assume it would have to be a one colour design to as a vector file.

Views on design?

Is it a pimp and ho? They look like Mr and Mrs Well Blinging :D

Really tim? haha

Honestly? No. But the idea of rich male and "owned" female kind of thing is definately there in the development. It was more an idea of iconic wealth though...

LOL *Bling Bling* .......

Yeah It comes across more materialistic than 'well being'. 'well being' to me is: drinking water, being outdoors, yoga/pilates etc etc but maybe that's just me!

Completely fair point...and anything like that is really appreciated at the moment.

So, £12.50....worth it or not?

If your target audience is the outdoorsy, typical well being eco people, then yeah the price is fine, but if you're aiming it at richer peeps then i don't think they would buy that type of tee anyway...

Sorry Phil, I didn't intend to come across as flippant. I think it does work as a t-shirt design. I think a top hat and cane is pimping though as it's quite an old fashioned view of a couple of well being. Is it going to be part of a series? :)

lol it was funny to me at least :p

i think you're on the right track btw :)

but:

first off, t shirts like this are going for £10 or £15, or a fixed amount of money. never .50. - to me, if i saw that online or on a stall or in a shop, i'd be like:

"HEH, why?" and question it for no reason whatsoever *just because of the norm at the mo*

second, it holds a meaning, and walking down the road, wearing my t shirt, showing the world, i'd feel a little bit like a prune if i didnt even half represent what my t shirt said (or understand what it meant!)

what sells more, a name integrated into a design, a pure beautiful design, or a pure beautiful logo?

allyally2k said:
If your target audience is the outdoorsy, typical well being eco people, then yeah the price is fine, but if you're aiming it at richer peeps then i don't think they would buy that type of tee anyway...

Wouldn't go with their top hat for a start :D

Back