Magazine redesign thoughts..

Luke Forestmaster

Hello, I work on a newspaper & magazine for Cardiff University in the UK. Basically I'm not an expert designer, but over the past year I have learned a heck of a lot about design because of working at teh paper and magazine. In that last few months we have redesigned both the newspaper and the magazine and I wondered if anyone fancied giving the magazine a look over. any suggestions would be great :)

You can find the paper at the link here:

Quench - Issue 128

P.S. I am aware of the subjective nature of the request but just as a bouncing of ideas it would be great to get outsider input.

Last edited:
hey guys, thanks soo much for your replies. I'll definately take a look at the closeness (although because it's the size of a tabloid - but just without the overhang, eg it is stamped out for a fine edge - when it is printed, so I think the size compensates). And I'll let the team know about the widowing, I'm sure they're going to love me for introducing a new design thing to them :p

P.S. Cheers for the link Daniel, that will be duly distributed to the team :)

hey guys, thanks soo much for your replies. I'll definately take a look at the closeness (although because it's the size of a tabloid - but just without the overhang, eg it is stamped out for a fine edge - when it is printed, so I think the size compensates). And I'll let the team know about the widowing, I'm sure they're going to love me for introducing a new design thing to them :p

P.S. Cheers for the link Daniel, that will be duly distributed to the team :)

No problem Luke, hope it comes in handy.

Back