Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Magazine redesign thoughts..

Discussion in 'Graphic Design & Logo Design Critique:' started by Luke Forestmaster, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Luke Forestmaster

Luke Forestmaster New Member

Hello, I work on a newspaper & magazine for Cardiff University in the UK. Basically I'm not an expert designer, but over the past year I have learned a heck of a lot about design because of working at teh paper and magazine. In that last few months we have redesigned both the newspaper and the magazine and I wondered if anyone fancied giving the magazine a look over. any suggestions would be great :)

You can find the paper at the link here:

Quench - Issue 128

P.S. I am aware of the subjective nature of the request but just as a bouncing of ideas it would be great to get outsider input.
  2. Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  3. andybdesign

andybdesign Active Member

Really nice Luke. The cover works really nicely in my opinion. All much better than the student magazines I remember.

I'd agree about the text maybe being a little tight in places. But this may simply be because we're looking at it on screen. With stuff like that you do really have to print it and see it. I think you can normally get away with tighter text with a serif typeface which is what you have here.
  4. Luke Forestmaster

Luke Forestmaster New Member

hey guys, thanks soo much for your replies. I'll definately take a look at the closeness (although because it's the size of a tabloid - but just without the overhang, eg it is stamped out for a fine edge - when it is printed, so I think the size compensates). And I'll let the team know about the widowing, I'm sure they're going to love me for introducing a new design thing to them :p

P.S. Cheers for the link Daniel, that will be duly distributed to the team :)
  5. No problem Luke, hope it comes in handy.