Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mad help request but thought I would try

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by Jazajay, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Right I did my first charity run with a freind yesturday, and I've seriously got the bug for running competitively, now.

This time round I want to kinda do it on my own so I don't feel bad leaving my mate, but.....does any1 know of any good running events coming up over the next few months in the Leicester and Warwickshire region?

I've got another 10k run for Cancer Research coming up this Sunday in Milton Kenyes, hopefully should know by tonight if I can make it, as well, but apart from that it seems like I have decided to get the bug at the end of the season as there is not much going on. :(

Anyhoo any event recommendations would be great, as I've been looking and this is the only 1 left I can do this year by the looks of it.

Cheers Jaz.

2. well I knew of one in London where you plant a tree at the end :lol:

3. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Really?
    I'm actually climbing Snowdon on the 18th to plant two Oaks for my Uncle who died of cancer earlier this year, but that sounds so cool, a thousand ppl, or what ever, all planting trees, WOW. That is so well thought out, well as long as you don't have to run with your tree, that would be mad. :)

4. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

What the tree????
    O cheers buddy I flaming run the thing, plant my tree and then you flaming dig it up, now that's a true mate, lol, lol.

5. Thought you'd like it Jaz matey :D

6. Greg

Greg Active Member

7. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

O Greg, how come I did not think of that, man you are a star fella, very, very much appreciated. :clap:

If any1 knows of any events still let me know though just want to get as much in as I can.

8. Greg

Greg Active Member

No worries Jaz ;)
    Let us know how you get on

9. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

I did the Middlesbrough 10k run few weeks a go. I have afull list of events, Ill post when I get home. All of the events are sponsored by Lucazade..

10. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Aww wkd fella.
    How did you get on?

And thanks Greg, your a star man.

11. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

Hey Jaz, my business partner is in to all this running malarky and says have a look at

Runner's World UK

It's got a forum and events listing,

cheers

Tom

12. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Aww wkd I'll definatly give that a butchers fella, cheers a lot man. :)

13. Jazajay

Jazajay Active Member

Aww man spot on already become a member and loving the events, and I'm going to join my local club as well, so thanks guys spot on with the advice.

Anyone else has any suggestions please feel free to share.

Cheeeeeeers
    Jaz