Mactard

OliverB

Hi

This may seem like a daft question but I still have to ask...

I'm thinking of getting a mac. I currently work on a pc, so would I be able to use all my saved files, ie html dreamweaver files, images, on a mac. I know i'll have to buy new software for the mac, but the files should still work shouldn't they??

Thanks

Yep.

400% yep.

A big misunderstanding when people switch from PC to Mac is that they think that their files aren't compatible. It actually puts a lot of people off.

(i work at Apple btw. yaaaay!)

Also, there's a program named 'parallels' which enables the usage of another operating system, within the macintosh's native o/s. So you've got the best of both worlds.
Not that you'll ever need to use it though.:icon_wink:

''Mactard''

Hahahaha!!
Sorry i just had to laugh at that thread title!! I like it! hehe :icon_lol:

Yep.

400% yep.

A big misunderstanding when people switch from PC to Mac is that they think that their files aren't compatible. It actually puts a lot of people off.

(i work at Apple btw. yaaaay!)

Thanks.

So would you recommend getting a Mac? I'm stuck between getting an iMac or getting a Sony vaio all in one. They are both more or less the same price, but the Sony has a gig more RAM and a faster processor, but the Mac has a better nVidia graphics card. Plus Windows 7 might make things a lot better.

But I've heard that Mac's don't need as much power because the software doesn't demand so much!?

Decisions, decisions.

I can't say "go for a Mac" when I'm not sure exactly what you need from your computer.

Your best decision would be to go into your local Apple store and talk about your needs to them. They will assess it and if necessary, recommend you to PC World or similar, but if you need a Mac they'll tell you exactly what you need. Apple don't work on commission, they work on making their customers happy, so don't expect someone to push you into a sale.

:)

Well i'd just be using it for web design, so would be using dreamweaver, photoshop, illustrator and flash. Also macs look the business too.

Humm, if I'm honest I'd say you'd be looking at a minimum of a 15" Mac for those apps. You don't wanna feel squeezed in with Flash, PS and AI, and it's always good to have a wide screen to edit code.

But if that's out of your price range (£1299 onwards), go for a Mac Mini for £500 and buy a 20" screen (if you dont mind losing the portability side).

Tim

Try a little program called crossover

Its alot cheaper than parralells and you don't need to install windows on your mac it lets you run PC programs straight on your MAC

Even tried some windows games and they work great

Back