Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Macbook battery replacement

Discussion in 'General Software & Hardware Forum:' started by mrp2049, Nov 12, 2009.

1. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I need a new one for my 13 macbook.

What do I do? Do I shell out £97 at apple, which is all well and good, but I am waiting on a payment from a client, and with christmas not so far away money isn't exactly flowing or do I chance my arm on....

macbook 13 battery - Google Product Search

any of these cheaper alternatives?

Any of you replaced your batteries?

I'm like a thread posting machine today!
  2. Jimlad

Jimlad Well-Known Member

eBay is your friend.
  3. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I have considered this aswell, but my concern is price. Why the hell are apple charging £97 and these guys under £40?
  4. Thewholehogg

Thewholehogg Active Member

It's what Apple do....

I'm after a new battery for G4 Powerbook so I'm in the same boat

...I think mine has a leak.
  5. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

I am tempted, even it last half the time of the apple one I'll still save money. now all I need to do is figure out the serial number bit, it's a shame our expert is on his way to his Mecca
  6. Russell

Russell Member

Apple do their own refurbished batteries (only comes with 3 month warranty rather than 12 months) but you have to ask in Apple store for prices/ availability. The price they quoted me for my 15inch MacBook Pro was only about £15 cheaper than a new one however so I didn't bother, but might be worth finding out if you have a store near you.
  7. mrp2049

mrp2049 Senior Member

We have a brand spanking new one in town, i didnt think they did refurbished in store, I'll check it out though! Thanks!