Member Offer
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mac OS X Update

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by tim, May 26, 2009.

1. tim

tim Senior Member

Anybody updated?

Mine started automatically last night and has installed a stupid font again... like this one

Oh well, at least it's not Webdings, ehh!?

Anyone else experienced this problem, or is it Fontbook screwing me up again?
  2. tim

tim Senior Member

it keeps installing a font i disabled when I update OS X !? WHY!?

all sorted, just curious whether it's just mine.
  3. Not a problem with me Timbo :) do you have lots of fonts installed by any chance?
  4. tim

tim Senior Member

Yeah about 4000 now...
    Luckily the font that got installed started with "C" so It didn't take me long to find it.
  5. hmmmm might be a fact that you have so many installed that the error happened? I only have about 10 - 20 installed at any time.
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

but this error only occurs when i update...?
  7. well it updates and then can't find the system font in the 4000 that you have active? thats my guess.. but i could be wrong :)
  8. tim

tim Senior Member

ahh right :)

will try narrowing it all down then :)
  9. I would keep all bar the ones you use regularly on a DVD (or external HDD or both) then installing them when necessary :) do you have them all active too or are they inactive?
  10. tim

tim Senior Member

there's about 200 inactive... all the rest are active
  11. well then that's probably the problem, if you only have about 10 - 20 active at a time then that shouldn't happen :) I'll triple check with my friend at Apple but i'm pretty sure that will be the problem :)