Mac Mojave Upgrade

Wardy

Anybody had any issues with Mojave mac OS?

I've just bought the latest Office Suite only for it to tell me I need mac os 10.12 or later, which is annoying cos I subscribed previously with no problems.
I'm still on El Capitan cos I'm a bit 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it' type, even though I know I ought to upgrade at some point but can do without it at the moment.

How easy is an upgrade, I've never had to upgrade before? How much does it affect apps and other peripherals etc? Any advice welcome!

I'm on El Capitan too, and haven't upgraded because if we do the typeserver won't work, and we would need to upgrade that to the tune of €3k, so been holding off.

The problem I have is we can't update any of the Adobe software to the latest version as it's not compatible with El Capitan - so we do need to move up to at least High Sierra.

What Mac have you got? As some won't be able to upgrade to Mojave.

As far as I know you can roll back if it's not working - https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-mojave

The Mac should be fine, it's 2015.

Yes, I thought about just upgrading to Sierra as a work-around, just wondered if anyone had Mojave yet and how easy it is to actually upgrade.

My Adobe stuff is fine with El Capitan, btw.

seems to suggest if you can get an 'older' version (ie the last release) you'd be fine staying where you are.

No idea why you'd need to upgrade your os though, if you were forced to upgrade your windows os for office MS would be slaughtered.... it's not like there's a huge change between current versions these days.

Never saw that page.

It's probably because I decided to buy it outright to save on the yearly subscription, cos I don't use it much.
Especially annoying as I didn't find out until it was paid for and tried to install it!

I'm using Mojave on a Mid 2015 15" MBP and haven't noticed any glaring issues that I can think of off the top of my head. Performance doesn't seem to have taken a hit. My machine boots up slower than it used to but I put that down to having nearly 4 years worth of data on it rather than the OS itself (though it probably still contributes in some way).

I don't think upgrading was too much of a faff. In the past I've had trouble upgrading and the machine locking up in a black screen before rolling back to the previous version, so I'm always reluctant to install newer OS versions. I normally only upgrade when software forces me to in order to be able to use it. With Mojave I just set the installer running and went out for a few hours. Came back and it was done.

Thanks Paul, that's what I wanted to hear. I think I'll have to go for it when I find the time.

Would I have to reinstall things like printers and scanner? Just had a thought and might be a stupid question, but would all my Safari passwords still be there for instance?

I don't use Safari but all my browser cookies and Keychain logins remained I think. I'm not a huge UNIX expert but from what I understand setting like that are stored in your user workspace anyway, they're not stored anywhere that's linked to the OS and so shouldn't be overwritten.

Back