mac mac mac

I spent £400 on my laptop, and havent replaced, repaired, paid for peripherals that you haven't, paid for antivirus yet :)

more financially sound in my opinion

(dont get me wrong I am planning on buying a 13" MBP, but saying PCs cost more to me is ridiculous, I've spent less than £2000 in the past 7 years on PCs, antivirus, extra peripherals... :) )

yeah... whereas one mac is made to last 4-7 years and will cost less than £2000

so if it lasts 4 years, 8 years = 2 x cost of one (£1000 for arguements sake)

my current laptop is new (3 months) and will last another year (at least) ...

Somehow I cant see someone in our 'line of work' using the same computer as their main for 7 years!

why not/

i'm currently looking at getting an iMac G4 to run Snow Leopard on- if i change the ram and hd i can run whatever the fark i want!

that's 11 years old!

Fair enough :)

I mean as standard.

hm :) I just find it one of the very bad arguements with PC mac debates, cost is very different, for very different pros and cons of both. Neither is worth it more than the other, neither is worth it less than the other. They are both different and cater to different needs and cost differently for this reason.

The only reason I (Me not others!!!) want a mac is due to the need to be able to use one 'just incase' In my opinion.
I will probably love it as I love minimalistic systems hence using google chrome etc. and will probably end up wanting more and more.

They are expensive though ;) (expensive, and not worth it are two very different things)

fair play, let's agree to disagree :p

i dont deny xp and 7 are good, but i've had nothing but trouble with vista, and that's one of the reasons i love os x.

plus, i have faith in my products (yes, i'm retarded)- but seriously, the more confident that you're working with something you think is good, the better **** you produce. it's true.

:D haha

I've never had trouble with 98, xp, vista or 7 :D

I agree completely about having faith in what you use and / or sell

Sometimes though it's better to see the problems with them (or potential problems), otherwise you cant truelly be honest & understand how to improve things and give better advice :D

there are problems with os x, and the way apple do things, sometimes, but i see the logic behind it as well as the bollocks.

i cant really argue against apple for one reason- they're always on top of themsleves, moving forward before they've even released the new product.

they act as their own competition too, like the 3GS was manufactured as the 3G was being released, does that not show you something?!

tim said:
why not/

i'm currently looking at getting an iMac G4 to run Snow Leopard on- if i change the ram and hd i can run whatever the fark i want!

that's 11 years old!

Tim, I've got an iMac G4 1ghz DVD combo drive for sale.
Top machine and gutted to have to sell it.
However I'd be really happy if it went to a good Mac home.
Works perfectly. New CD burner added about 8 months back.
Apple pro keyboard/mouse and speakers. Sound quality from dem speakers its tops.
I was going to eBay it but if your interested....:D
£150 seems like the asking price. With free original box!

Think it over fella...

Yer Tim it's all fine. Running Tiger at the minute.
756 RAM. Mint condition.

I was going to let my daughter use it but shes after a laptop for Christmas.
However she really wants a laptop so I have a 12" Powerbook tucked away upstairs for her.

Really it's a great machine and would like to use it as a juke box but the wife has other ideas...

PM me if your interested. Nice one.

lol im up for it :D

how long can you hold it for?

just i've just bought a mbp, so i'll have to wait a lil while for pay day.

wait, they're ****ing enormous, how would i get it here!?

Have to be a DHL or the like. I rekon that's gonna be best part of £25 mind.
Let me know if your up for it and I'll wait for payday.

Lucky bugger on the MBP btw. Sweet.

I am looking for a 8gb 2nd gen iPod Touch if you know any going spare.

Ta

Back