Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lotto permutations?

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by berry, Sep 16, 2009.

1. berry

berry Active Member

Anyone work out how much/or how many -it would cost to come up with all the combinations to the winning number on the lotto?
  2. glenwheeler

glenwheeler Senior Member

the exact number, which is 13,983,816. That means you would need to spend £13,983,816 to play every single combination
  3. tim

tim Senior Member

but wasnt there once a £27 million jackpot?!
  4. Becky

Becky Member

Was a 40odd million one very early in the Lottery's life
  5. Tom Sound

Tom Sound Active Member

You'd need to hope you're the only winner though, imagine spending £13 mil, thinking yes, this is in the bag. Then having to share it with 6 other winners who all spent a quid :D
  6. tim

tim Senior Member

lol :p that'd be gutting!
  7. Greg

Greg Active Member

More people who live at number 3 win the National Lottery than any other address. Residents at the lucky door number have scooped £77,180,678 since the Lottery launched in November 1994.

Top 10 lucky postcodes: 1. Medway, Kent 2. Ilford, Essex 3. Romford, Essex 4. Sunderland 5. Newcastle Upon Tyne 6. Perth 7. Teesside 8. Dartford, Kent 9. Hull 10. Bradford

So if you move to a house in Medway, that's number 3, your giving yourself a better chance! :p
  8. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

i need to drive down to medway and play this weekend!
  9. rossnorthernunion

rossnorthernunion Senior Member

Remember tho -

if you do play all 14million combinations - you are gonna have tickets with 5 and the bonus, 5 numbers, 4 numbers and 3 numbers.

All adds up.
  10. charles

charles Senior Member

Would prob put them out of business....
  11. rossnorthernunion

Not really - lots of people win every week.

Camelot make money out of every ticket. And correct me if im wrong but they have things in place to stop the lotto if suspicious ticket buying activity is happening.
  12. rossnorthernunion

£17,562,901 was won in prizes last Saturday. £7m was the split jackpot.

I once watched a tv show on channel four i think some years back about a sydicate of Irish people who bought every ticket combination for the Irish lotto. In total there was about 100 in the group who each had to fill in something like 140,000 ticket combinations and buy them randomly (obviously them couldnt put 140,000 tickets on in one place). It was a massive operation, and they had to wait months for the right lotto - a triple rollover - they made a fortune - they were the only jackpot winners.

Great show.

Just thought i'd tell you all.

So Berry - it would take you by yourself a fair few weeks of ticket filling in, and 7 hectic days of putting each ticket on, and a streeful wait for the draw.

Oh and fourteen million pound coins.

Good luck.
  13. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

In Belgium we have a lottery game called Euro Millions and there are regular jackpots that go over €70 million. That's a lot more than you guys seem to have in the UK :p
  14. charles

charles Senior Member

It's calld Euro Millions because it's a lottery for... yep Europe :)

and UK is in Europe

15. h_freezy

h_freezy Senior Member

you are so funny...........euro millions = Europe (including UK) I can't believe you can compare uk to belgium in terms of lottery. :down:
  16. tim

tim Senior Member

we have lotto and euromillions and thunderball and lucky dip and a million other things.

i entered when i was first sixteen. i made -£1.
  17. Kevin

Kevin Senior Member

I figured you guys didn't get to take part because you don't use the € :rolleyes:
  18. tim

tim Senior Member

fair reasoning.

but no, we still do, but i havent heard one UK person win yet.