lost in translation

DiscountDomainsUK

Hi Guys

I am trying to explain to a contractor that works for us in India about a website that incorporates label printing as the customer places an order - (parcel collection) but I am having great difficulty trying to explain this to him or show an example of.

Has anyone encountered this and overcome it, help will be greatly appreciated.

Pay a bit more and get a UK developer who understands exactly what you are after? Or learn to speak Indian?

Help the UK economy?!

That is actually constructive from Rich on a few levels. Eliminate the language barrier, use local...

DiscountDomainsUK said:
Hi Guys

I am trying to explain to a contractor that works for us in India about a website that incorporates label printing as the customer places an order - (parcel collection) but I am having great difficulty trying to explain this to him or show an example of.

Has anyone encountered this and overcome it, help will be greatly appreciated.

No sympathy here either. I think you misjudged the mood somewhat.

I'm not disputing the economics of outsourcing to India, but if you do so, be discreet about it and don't expect too much help from the people who will be (indirectly) losing out as a result.

I totally agree and 99% of the time this is something that we do in house and personally I don't like having to do it.
It is a good customer who I like to look after but is on such a tight budget and this is the only way to get this done for him.

DiscountDomainsUK said:
I totally agree and 99% of the time this is something that we do in house and personally I don't like having to do it.
It is a good customer who I like to look after but is on such a tight budget and this is the only way to get this done for him.

That's fair enough, no harm done.

Back