Print Reseller Scheme
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looks like an interesting doc. on BBC (Thurs 9pm)

Discussion in 'Chill Out Forum:' started by SeedySteve, Mar 12, 2013.

1. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

This looks like it might be a good watch. The Creative Brain: How Insight WorksToday, scientists are using some unusual techniques to try to work out how these moments of creativity - whether big, small or life-changing - come about. They have devised a series of puzzles and brainteasers to draw out our creative behaviour, while the very latest neuroimaging technology means researchers can actually peer inside our brains and witness the creative spark as it happens. What they are discovering could have the power to make every one of us more creative.
  2. balders

balders Member

Would be interesting if you could relate it to a score, much like your IQ, your CQ.
  3. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I might give this a watch when they get round to uploading it to iPlayer, seems interesting, thanks for posting it!
  4. Matt Harle

Matt Harle Guest

I'll give this a watch. Thanks for posting it!
  5. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Watching it now!
  6. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Yeahp. That was pretty damn interesting! Came away with some valuable information too. Thanks for bringing that up Steve!
  7. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Yeah I watched it last night too - I'm going to have to watch it again. I think it said it was 2 of 6 so there maybe more next week!
  8. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

Nice! That pyramid task was a little poorly worded..!
  9. SeedySteve

SeedySteve Member

Yeah I thought that as well - they didn't say if they switched eyes/words either - like if they had put burn on the other side...
    Don't think I would have got the coin one either.
  10. Squiddy

Squiddy Guest

I think I would've got the coin one, eventually, but they only give you about 20 seconds to try and work it out before they tell you the answer, they don't even keep the camera still! I got the word association one (apple) in about 3 seconds :D
  11. Tony Hardy

Tony Hardy Guest

I'm going to watch this when I have two minutes to watch it in a quiet environment haha. Don't think trying to watch a programme about how my brain works is one to "have on in the background".