Looking for some website feedback

marktea

Not really posted here much up until now, so hello to you all :icon_cheers: Hopefully I'll be dropping in more often from now on.

What I'm looking for right now is, as the title says, some feedback on my website. Currently on the lookout for new work and need some opinions or constructive criticism so I can show my work in the best light possible.

Not looking at making major structural changes to the site, but any tips or ideas on how to make it better would be greatly appreciated.

Mark Trevor | Graphic Design

Thanks!

Needs HTML text content or no one will ever find it...

Not sure how to go about this, I assume what you mean is I need to add tags to my pages or something, so that when someone searches for, lets say, "graphic design liverpool", then my site will show up in the results?

I have not made any actual blog posts, but used a theme so it looks more like a portfolio website. The theme has portfolio pages and no option to add tags to individual pages, although I notice tags could be added to actual blog posts (if there were any).

Basically I need to know where would be the best place to add tags/text/HTML content to make my site more visible?

Sorry if it seems like a basic question but I'm new to all this. Thanks for any info.

Don't really mean meta tags but some text content in your page. Like a couple of paragraphs explaining what it is you do. That's what search engines read and (partially) rank your site on.

Don't really mean meta tags but some text content in your page. Like a couple of paragraphs explaining what it is you do. That's what search engines read and (partially) rank your site on.

Thanks, I think I have sorted it. I've entered text into the back end of my site in Wordpress, which does not display on the front page. I assume the google bots will find it there when they come looking? And I also assume this how other sites have a small description of what they do appear on Google which doesn't show up as a line of text anywhere on the front end of the website?

Thanks, I think I have sorted it. I've entered text into the back end of my site in Wordpress, which does not display on the front page. I assume the google bots will find it there when they come looking? And I also assume this how other sites have a small description of what they do appear on Google which doesn't show up as a line of text anywhere on the front end of the website?

Your whole site will hopefully get crawled so every little bit helps. Google will pull the descriptions on search results from either the description meta tag or from the portion of text on the page that contains the search terms used.

What about the project descriptions with the images? Don't they count as HTML text?

Yes, they do, but you need to spell out what it is you do on your front page. Your home page is key to SEO, like the top of the pile when pages are ranked.

Back