Looking for new Web Browser

Yep 100% Chrome for me. By far the best browser I have ever used, and I have tried a fair few! I don't know why you would want to stop using Chrome?

Opera?

Actually I don't use it - I just remember back in the day the really hardcore developers would use it then moan how fecked up websites were :icon_biggrin:

I've gone back to Chrome now but I don't really like it.

I've identified what i want my web browser to do and I have an idea, perhaps this already exists and someone can point me in the right direction.

I like to have multiple tabs, windows open, as I can easily shift around them quick enough.

But I'd really like is a way to organise open tabs, windows etc all inside 1 browser window.

For example, have a page open watching online football with Sky Sports, in the same browser page I'd like a split view say with the BBC football opened on the live scores page.

Perhaps then even split the browser window in 3 and put a page like this forum under the results.

|........................|..........................|
|........................|________________|
|........................|........Forum..........|
|........................|..........................|
------------------|--------------------

Something like that - but all in one browser window and be able to move them around etc.

Anything like that out there?

Hey - the new Firefox 29 is very nice...although looks a lot like Chrome at first glance. Big improvement on what it was.

The Tile Tabs / Split Screen Layout add-ons for Firefox & Chrome respectively are okay, but it depends what you have on each tab window, depending on how well people like it. I think folks have had probs in the past with buggy Flash (initial Flash 13 was horrendous last month), or had too many other processes going on at once to give them a smooth experience.

We're all using either Firefox 28 / 29 at time of writing, or Chrome 34 and don't really overload with Add-ons (just the normal bits and pieces), but some websites (the ones with Flash) seem to prefer Firefox in general, although there's very much of a muchness between them all now.

They can all (Safari hasn't really been mentioned thus far in this thread - it's always stable though) give the same experience and it's rare we would even think of what browser we're using any more. Usually dictated by where we dumped that oft-used Bookmark we're looking for the Bookmarks Toolbar most often, more than any other criteria.

If pushed though, I'd side like the majority here with Chrome on the Mac at present (once you've a few useful add-ons initiated above the bare bones starting point). Preferences access isn't that great compared to Firefox' or Safari's layout though.

Can I also say that an Extra Monitor is also a good option for increased efficiency. Even 24" ones are dirt cheap now on Amazon Warehouse. You can pick new repackaged ones (nothing wrong with the contents) up for around £90 quid on there. All our Macs here have at least 2 monitors each, with E-mails, browser and Adobe CC app tabs etc. on one, whilst main screen handles work duties.

Last edited:
Back