Looking for logo critique

theking79

This is a logo for a company that acts as a call out business for people who are having any problems with their PC's and need assistance.

Some of the things they do are things like helping people set up their PC's with printers etc, dealing with viruses, you get the drift.

I have started in illustrator after making sketches and have come up with the following:

Picture2-24.png

Looking for constructive feedback on this, this is an early design and I am always trying to explore other ideas.

not keen on the font - too rounded

Also if you take away the text, how does the jack in the box type image relate to pc's and their peripherals - it doesn't in my view.

I'd say you need to maybe try out some other ideas before getting to fixed on this one.

I disagree, the roundness shouldn't work, however it kinda works for me. I think in terms of showing more of a link to computers you may need something a little more, throw a mouse in there I say! Although really "it does exactly what it says on the tin" so I think your certainly going in the right direction in terms of the simpleness of the logo.

Also Levi is right, try out a few more first,

I think that the round font works.. but the question mark needs to be rounded too.. as it feels blocky to me..

Just my thoughts :)

I half agree with the font qualm (is it vag rounded bt) but I think it could be solved if you lowered the stroke on it. Maybe increase the kerning a little so it matches the gap between the characters and the box image. Also possibly consider adding grey to the lettering somewhere so they match with box image or alternatively find a way to remove the grey from the box. The colour scheme really works and I'm digging the radial backdrop.

i actually like the rounded font, altho i do agree that the question mark jumping out of the box is abit random. is there some thinking behind it? it doesnt really tell me what the company does, even if you added a strapline underneath the logo i think the symbol of the box will still look out of place.

Why not design a simple icon based on the idea of solving pc problems that includes a monitor/keyboard/mouse etc so we know straight away that this company deals with fixing computers?

Also, im not sure if its intentional but i cant help thinking this looks really similar to the facebook branding.
________
teen girl Webcams

Personally I like the rounded font. Fits the application and target audience. What I also think would go well with this kind of service/market is some kind of simple character, like a computer or monitor with a face or something.

Although should it be a happy computer (inviting, approachable) or sad (to convey the situation most users will find themselves in, empathetic).

I think we'll need to embark on a £500,000 market research initiative.

davewill said:
i actually like the rounded font, altho i do agree that the question mark jumping out of the box is abit random. is there some thinking behind it? it doesnt really tell me what the company does, even if you added a strapline underneath the logo i think the symbol of the box will still look out of place.

Why not design a simple icon based on the idea of solving pc problems that includes a monitor/keyboard/mouse etc so we know straight away that this company deals with fixing computers?

Also, im not sure if its intentional but i cant help thinking this looks really similar to the facebook branding.

I know what you're saying, having looked at other company logos based on computers etc all you see is the 'on' symbol or some keyboard and mouse incorporated into the logo so I wanted something a bit different, I thought the name 'pcprobem' suggested an idea of what the company does.

But i also do feel i need to make the logo more relevant towards what the company actually does, so ill try to come up with some other ideas.

yeh you are right to try and make the logo more relevant. i know it is very difficult to be objective when looking at your own work, but dont forget that you are very familar with the name and company weras your customers will only be seeing for the first time so you need to ensure that the message is very clear and concise.

you already know the company is called pcproblem, but looking at it for the first time it could be read as pcp rob lem, or even poproblem, there is nothing to make the pc stand out from the rest of the name.

try taking a step back, working on something else for a day then come back to it tomorrow with a fresh pair of eyes, you'll be amazed how that can help see something in a different light.
________
Thai property for sale

I'm sure adding a little bit of kerning adjustment to increase the space between pc and problem would help if you want to generally keep the type as it is now.

The spacing between the PC look tight compared to the other letters, the spacing between them looks big this could be because of the shape of the e. I am not sure about eh 3D box, it does not sit right for me; maybe the box and the question mark need to be separated from the rest of the logo!?

Seems to be really tight space in pc between the 'p' and 'c' and also the 'm' at the end is too far from the others.

Maybe change the question mark to a more rounded font like 'Adobe' etc.

Personally i would add in some shadows or reflection.

The box doesnt appear to have any relevance to pc's, how about a mouse in the shape of a question mark with the wire?

Thanks,

Sam

Are your customer sure this would be the right name for their company? Have you discuss with them regarding the naming?

This 'pcproblem' name seems to be like it might lead to some misconceptions and personally i think this would best be a headline or for taglines usage.

Well of course, if they insist of using this name, i would suggest that you differentiate them with different font weight.

Hope to see some work of progress! Thanks for posting this up! I learned too ;P

I actually don't like the round font too much :p

Just think of the message you're trying to convey. The font reads as 'one for idiots' or 'appealing to simpletons' :p I know you kinda are, but you don't want them to know that :p

Back