Looking for Illustrators

Hi guys,

My name is Will. I have my own business selling custom phone cases. I want to widen my range pre made designs so looking for illustrators to help with this. It will be the same idea as Red Bubble but I plan on paying more commission than what they do on sales. I'm in the final stages of finishing off the commission side of things so when a sale is made your account will be credited and you will be able to deposit once you've hit £20. This should hopefully be finished in the next few days. So im just getting a rough idea before hand how many people would be interested.

Thanks

Will

I'm not an illustrator but just out of interest, is this the sort of business where you will only be paid if your phone case designs sell? In other words, there is a possibility of designing phone cases and not getting paid for your work, or being paid very little.

Not particularly helpful comment removed by bigdave

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that! Obviously it works as Red Bubble seem to do so well and have thousands of designs.

You are better off hiring a designer/illustrator to design x amount of cases for an agreed x amount of money and keep the money from sales for yourself. That would be a much more indulging proposition.

You are better off hiring a designer/illustrator to design x amount of cases for an agreed x amount of money and keep the money from sales for yourself. That would be a much more indulging proposition.

Yeah that may be worth a shot. Thanks for the idea.

I thought as Red Bubble seem to have so many designs there must be a lot of people willing to do it on a commission bases.

Yeah that may be worth a shot. Thanks for the idea.

I thought as Red Bubble seem to have so many designs there must be a lot of people willing to do it on a commission bases.

Yes I am sure there is but I doubt any of these people are professional freelance designers running their own business which is what most on here are, more than likely just people with a pirate copy of Illustrator. Not saying that some of them cannot supply good designs just that most of our members would not even entertain this proposition.

Back